Introductions

Options
KandieLantz
KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
Just thought I'd start this off by introducing myself... I'm Kandie, and I'm the very proud Grandma (or Neena as they call me) of two beautiful granddaughters, Lilly and Kenadie! They are definitely my inspiration for being here and in this healthy lifestyle! Glad to meet you all!

Replies

• dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm grandma or grammy to 7 grandkids ages 17 years to 7 mo. I have 4 grandsons and 3 granddaughters. They are so much fun.

I want to live a long time so the grandkids have lots of good memories of grandma/grammy.

Glad to meet you all.
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Spent the day with my Easton. 5 weeks old and the most amazing creature. His mother and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Weekends are harder to workout but this coming week I want to be diligent! Welcome to my fellow Grandma's!
  • Barbieofborg
    Barbieofborg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am the mother to 4 girls and grandmother (abuela) to 2 girls. The grands are 4yrs and 6 months. The daughters are 27, 22, 19 and 17. I have one graduating from high school and one graduating from college this spring/summer.
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    Hello! I have three sons and 5 grandchildren with two more babies coming next year. Only one granddaughter so far and we already know that one of the babies is a boy. We make really cute little boys in our family so no complaints but it would sure be fun to buy some of the really cute little girl stuff :)
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Spent the day with my Easton. 5 weeks old and the most amazing creature. His mother and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Weekends are harder to workout but this coming week I want to be diligent! Welcome to my fellow Grandma's!

Congrats on Easton! I'm expecting my first Little Angel in March. Can't wait until she gets here but found myself today feeling a little nervous. My son is 24, so it's been a while. What if they need advice/help and I can't remember....................Oh well, maybe it will come back to me.

Joining this group to get the Grandma support and lose the 'baby weight' I never really did. LOL
  • Balsam1951
    Options
    Hi I'm Balsam I've got 5 grandchildren. I have one that I lives 60 miles from me and I see him frequently and he is 6 years old. I have gotten so out of shape and overweight that I can hardly walk without getting out of breath. I weighed 284 this morning and I'm 5'4". I have osteoarthritis so bad I'm in pain most of the time which does not help. I've got to get this weight off my 60 year old joints. I am disgusted with myself at this moment, but this site gives me hope to get on track. I had to get back on here to get motivated to help myself. I see my medical doctor this morning and I know he will have suggestions for me to get going.

I have 3 grandchildren in Utah, and my husband and I hope to get our house sold here in North Carolina and move there one day. There are two girls 12 & 6 and boy 7, I also have a granddaughter 16 months old in SC. I just realized if I was around any of them on a regular basis I'd probably lose weight and be more fit because of having to be on the go more. LOL Children are great motivators that is for sure, and I love doing things with them. I'm going to get my mo-jo going and log in every day so I can be healthier.

I think it is tough because we assume we just shouldn't crave more food then our body needs for health then here we are snacking and stuffing excess calories in our over taxed bodies daily. Why is our craving for food so out of portion to good health?

Balsam
  • MimiofSeven
    MimiofSeven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Barbie or Mime of seven grandkids and Mom of 4 grown, one daughter and 3 sons. My youngest is 32 and my oldest is 49, I can't believe it. I've gained over 100 lbs before doctors found my out of control thyroid. It's so hard to get myself back now. I need to keep up with all my grandkids. Seen this sight & wanted to stop in to introduce myself. Good luck all and congrates to all us grandparents here :):wink:
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    I love reading about all of your grandchildren and I pray for us all to get the weight off and feel better for these little wonders. My Easton is 3 months old now and I couldn't love him more. I am trying to exercise regularly and while I enjoy it and I'm sure it's making me feel a lot better I am not losing anything. I really eat pretty healthy although I had gluten free cake for breakfast today! The first time in my life I've ever done something like that!! So I keep my body moving because I know it's not going to get any easier as I age and I hope to get my weight down a little bit more. I feel so for the ladies who have a lot to lose and can't get there. I really do. It's very difficult to find what works, what you enjoy and will keep at and to see results ESPECIALLY when you add pain to the mix. Let's keep encouraging each other!
  • MimiofSeven
    MimiofSeven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oldest is 39 not 49 lol.
  • sharonschuetz
    Options
    Hi. I love reading about your grandchildren. It's nice to know that there are others here closer to my age etc.

My name is Sharon and I have 2 sons and a daughter who together produced 9 of the most awesome grandbabies any Nana could ever have. Five girls and 4 boys. Five of them live 5 minutes away and 4 live about 40. Two of my kids and spouses attend our church, so we see them all the time. (My 8 yr old grandson, Jeremiah, plays our drums at church and does a great job. His mother, my daughter, plays piano and leads music, while her husband plays the bass and saxaphone).

I lost 100 lbs in 1998 and have put 75 back on in the past 4 years. I want my grandbabies to enjoy time with Nana and Papaw. That includes actually doing things together.
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Grandkids are the best! It was my priviledge to raise 2 daughters so that meant lots of easy bake ovens and my little pony. Now my step daughter has presented us with 3 amazing grandsons! I'm talking gi-joe and toy cars now! Lovin it!
  • Wmy890
    Wmy890 Posts: 12
    Options
    I think this group will inspire others of all ages to put one foot in front of the other.for the love of the grand kids we are so blessed to have. My 4 love me the way I am, just want to be even healthier. Stay healthy.
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My first grandbaby was born 5 years ago. Her birth started a whole new world for me. Now I'm the Grammy of 6 almost 7( due in a week) grandchildren. 4 Grandaughter's (5 when little Sofia is born) and 2 grandsons. I am so blessed.
  • kimberlyhenrie
    Options
    I LOVE being a grandma! And yes, want to be healthy so I can continue being a young, vibrant grandma. I am so lucky to have them close and to play with them often. I look forward to connecting with fellow grandparents.
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, My name is Julene and I'm a very proud grandma of a beautiful baby boy who will be turning 1 next week. We also recently learned that our son and his wife will be expecting their first in May. We moved back to Kentucky shortly after our grandson was born so we could be close to our kids and watch our little guy grow up. We are so blessed to be living so close to all of our children now. We are very close and it would kill me to have to drive for hours or hop a plane just to spend time with my kids and grandbabies. Becoming an empty nester was very hard for me but now that the grandbabies are coming I think I'm getting over it! :)

I've recently started over here at MFP. Please feel free to friend me if you need more cheerleaders in your corner. :)
  • kimberlyhenrie
    Options
    Nice to meet you Julene!
  • Debram623
    Debram623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a 56 year old Grammy to a four year old grandchild that lives 50 miles away. We are also trying to sell our home so we can move closer. I have just joined MFP and not very familiar with the site. I'm hoping this site and this group participation will keep me motivated to lose weight and improve my health. I have recently been diagnosed as prediabetic. Blessings to all in 2014. Debra