Low BMI

Options
I am looking for all kinds of sleevers to be friends with! I was sleeved 11/12/13. I would also love to connect with people who had a lower BMI when they started. I am faced with some unique frustrations and would love to have someone who understands.

Replies

• LOOKnow123
    Options
    I started out with a BMI of 37.3. Ask me anything.
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    When were you sleeved? What is your average weekly weight loss?
  • LOOKnow123
    Options
    I was sleeved in July and my average weekly weight loss is 2.5 pounds. This also takes into account a one month stall where I did not lose any weight. I have lost a total of 47.2 pounds and have gone from a size 16 to a size 8. I still have 30 more pounds to go to reach my goal weight.
  • BoysMommaX4
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!! Thanks for sharing with me! I had no idea what to expect. There don't seem to be many who have started with low BMIs. I was at 36 myself and it seems that some people feel some kind of way about it but I really did need his surgery. I have a heart condition and 2 co-morbidities that added to my weight gain. This was my way to a healthy life. Do you mind if I add you?
  • LOOKnow123
    Options
    Feel free! Let me know if you have any questions. Be glad to share info on protein intake, calories, etc. Remember when you have less to lose it goes a bit slower. Most important right now is getting in your 80-90 g of protein a day and drinks lots of water.
  • shenoa4231
    Options
    I was sleeved on 11/18, with a BMI of 34.1. So i am new to this thing as well, trying to figure it all out!!!
  • BoysMommaX4
    Options
    Yeah. I knew that it would be a life style change but it seems all consuming! Its all I think about all day! I cannot wait for it to become second nature. It does doesn't it???
  • bockenstedt6
    bockenstedt6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was on the low end of the BMI spectrum for insurance approval at about 41. I was sleeved on 9/3 and am about a week away from my 3 month mark. The hardest thing for me was waiting for my exercise clearance, because I knew I was ready for just about anything. I would have to say though, alot of people are shocked at my weightloss already and do not believe that I ever needed to loose weight. I am hoping that once I get done being sick ( seems like every two weeks I am having sinus issues ) I can really kick it into gear at the gym and keep my weightloss consistant through this process.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation as "bockenstedt6"; sleeved 9/26 with a 41.9 BMI. When I see people for the first time they are shocked at my rapid weight loss and comment that they cannot believe I was as heavy as I was, or are surprised I was eligible for a weight loss surgery. My BMI today is 33.1 and based on my frame, and doctor's reccomendations, I will most likely end up healthy with a BMI somewhere around a 27.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I started with a BMI of 37 back in September with multiple co-morbidities. I was sleeved in October and today it is 30.8. I've lost 42lbs since September and many of the health issues have already started to disappear! Now that I'm on soft solids, I feel pretty "normal". I can go out with friends and find something I can eat, I'm enjoying creative cooking, and the CLOTHES! Having gone from an 18 to a 12 in basically 2 months has been amazing! People NOTICE. I've even gotten a "when are you gonna stop" comment from a family member. She's always been the fittest one in the family so I kinda take it with a grain of salt as she may not be excited about losing that. My response was, " when I'm at a healthy BMI".
  • bockenstedt6
    bockenstedt6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Going out is the only thing I don't like right now. I am so picky about what I decide to eat that I look through every menu before we go out, and I always feel bad because I leave a whole bunch of food and the servers think that I didn't like the food!!!
  • ad1203
    ad1203 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have a BMI of 36 so I needed two co-morbidities for insurance to approve my surgery. I am just beginning this process and need six months of jumping through hoops before I can qualify for VSG. Just found that I have sleep apnea. That is one. I also have high cholesterol. That could be two. I need to weigh in with my doctor three more months and go through psych consult, nutrition consult, and two support group meetings before I can hopefully qualify. I hear so many VSGers say it is so worth it and they wish they did it sooner. I hope this is all worth it.