scheduled for surgery Jan 2014

I am scheduled for my sleeve Jan. 2014, I am excited and afraid. I am overwhelmed with all of the information my surgeon is giving me, what protein drinks taste best, where is the best place to get vitamins, does weight watchers have a bariatric surgery program? I want to succeed, I have been obese since my last child was born 20 years ago and have alot of bad habits to break, I could use all the support and suggestions I can get. HELP!

Replies

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    First up; congrats on your decision and see if your Dr./Hospital has a participating support group program. Regular attendance seems to be the common denominator for many of the successful stories in my group. Weight Watchers is not structured to support the medically supervised, very low calorie, diets we are on - stick with your nutritionist and support group. Suppliments and vitamins: GNC and Vitamin World have great selections. As for protein supplement taste - varies greatly by individual. You are going to have to taste and try until you find drinks and flavors that you like. Ask you nutritionist for samples of what you will get in the hospital as a starter. Personally I like the Isopure low/no carb powder and the flavored 20oz drink bottles. Good luck.
  • I am also scheduled for the sleeve on Jan. 2014. I have maintained a 34 lb weightloss since Sept. and I have been eating low carb, light breads, no sugar and drink a protein shake for breakfast with a protein bar mid morning which keeps me satisfied till lunch. I have not been exercising due to my knees and I am hoping when I lose at least 10% of my weight that it will be easier to start moving. Dinner and being home is the hardest since I love cooking and also eating out with a glass of wine in the weekends (empty calories). Not much of a sweet tooth eater so I am hoping with low food intake and drinking protein shakes and exercising I will be able to be successful post operation. I need to loose at least 120 lbs and my goal is by March 2015. I think that is pretty realistic considering that I will need to prepare for plateaus and maintaining a healthy level of exercise and diet.