Hello Fellow Walkers!

Options
I figured I'd introduce myself to the group! I'm Jamie, 33 (34 in a matter of weeks) and I am SO excited to have found this group! I started doing Leslie's videos on YouTube this week and LOVE them. I've got a lot to lose but I have a lot of energy when I'm eating healthy and doing what I'm supposed to be doing, so these videos have been great!

Right now I am committing to doing at least one video a day. Today was a one mile walk while yesterday was a the four miles with weights (which I loved the sweat pouring off of me while doing)!

I am looking for friendly faces and love to learn if anyone has a method to this and what your favorites are! I am open to active friends - and feel free to message me away!

Replies

• AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I just found the group today! Someone put me on to Leslie's videos as I cant do Zumba due to an injury. I thought it was going to be a bit crappy and tame, to be honest, but I really enjoyed it and burned more calories than I thought I would! I wanted to find something to do between my weight training and elliptical days, especially as the winter has set in and doggy walks aren't as long.

I did the 3 mile walk today. Do you find the workouts on youtube? I think I'll look out for more. Feel free to add me if you like, I fell off the wagon while I was back at school but I've finished my studies and back with a vengeance! Like you I have a fair bit to lose but have tonnes of energy when I'm eating right and working out regularly :smile:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rica (happy early b-day!) and AH!

I'm a huge Leslie fan! I've been using the videos everyday lately with a rest day here and there. Some days I just do one mile usually as a warm up to other workouts, and other days I do 5 or 6 miles (for example doing a 3 mile walk first thing in the morning and another 3 mile walk after dinner). I find there are no excuses not to workout. I'm at home so I don't have to worry about the weather or the time of day and I love that's its easy on my joints, but still very effective too.

My favorite videos are the Burn Body Fat series, 4 Fast Miles, 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk and the 4 Mile Power Walk is growing on me.

I hope to see you two around in the group!
  • RicaJamie
    Options
    I absolutely found them on You Tube! I refuse to spend more money than I have to to lose weight! :D I did just put a heart rate monitor and some of Leslie's newer videos on my wishlist for myself to get when I feel like I might want/need them! :D

I appreciate the warm welcome note ladies! I am looking forward to hopping into the challenges soon!