I need some Sisters in Christ

Options
I am a 25 year old wife and mother of 3 beautiful children. I love the Lord deeply and lately I have been struggling with being too hard on myself. I judge myself like there is no tomorrow. It's going to sound sad but with motherhood and being a wife I have not had the chance to make friends. I constantly find some sort of insecurity in myself and tell myself that I cant reach my goals. I used to be this great social butterfly and I was involved with every church activity, ministry, etc in my church while growing up. I suppose the doubt in myself is also due to having a parent who told me that I won't amount to much and a "religious" background is not a pleasant one. I am looking for Sisters in Christ who are loving, and willing to just be a friend. I find myself saying I am alone when in fact I am not it's just the perception that the devil tries to put into my mind. I am a dedicated woman who loves the Lord and I have had a warped version taught to me from my father. I guess what I am trying to say is I am looking to start fresh and begin the journey that God has for me. I know there are people that God wishes for me to connect with and I know He will provide me with peace if I just open up. I feel like I have locked myself up for far too long. Haha you would never guess with how much writing I do. I am a photography girl and pictures are a wonderful source of comfort. However I desire more and I don't want to feel alone. Thank you for listening. Anyone feel free to add me, I would love to hear from you! I want to encourage orthers it's in my heart and I know I have a purpose, I am just not sure what it is just yet. Over the years the picture has become more clear but it's like a puzzle and I am just trying to find the missing pieces.

Replies

• pictures2cherish
    Options
    I wanted to also share the fact that my husband tries daily to be everything I need. He does a wonderful job and I know I cant be his only source of encouragment. Just like he can't be my only form of encouragement. Growing up I was taught to cling to your husband and while I believe that to be true I also know the importance of healthy friendships with other women like myself. My mother is learning that the hard way in her 40's bless her heart and she has told me time and time again to not make the same mistakes. I suppose I am trying to heal my heart in some ways. I never had healthy relationships with friends, they were always wanting to party or to mess around with countless boys. Your perspective and morals change over time and I have learned that I am meant to have a more solid type of friendship. Before anyone assumes that my husband is not in the picture, I wanted to assure any and all of you that he definitely is. The problem is my walls being up.....and I pray God breaks them down.
  • lesliebritt05
    Options
    Read your post and you are not alone. The devil wants you to think that. I have struggled with insecurity all of my life. I judge myself constantly, so I completely relate to you. We can encourage one another. We can do this!!!
  • angel2rn
    angel2rn Posts: 11
    Options
    I go through those moments too.....So you def are not alone & satan tends to work on me too.....Feel free to message me anytime......
  • pictures2cherish
    Options
    Thank you ladies! :) Lets get happy and healthy!
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    I won't go into detail but I totally get it. I have experienced the greatest pain in my life just months ago. I have been grieving and I didn't even lose anyone physically...the relationships are just severely broken. It's a spirtual war going on out there and when you are trying to live a godly life and your loved ones aren't....it's just hard!! Satan got me right where he wanted. I have come to realize that I must really start writing my story and share my testimony. God wants to use all of us....satan keeps telling me I can't be used but I know more than ever I can...all of us can be used - we just must let God do his thang! :wink:
  • pictures2cherish
    Options
    amen sister! Lets do this!
  • ddtph_hayes
    ddtph_hayes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 46 years old and have three beautiful children. I didn't have a weight problem until I had children. and now that I'm middle aged it is even harder to get the pounds off. I get on a great start and then I get discouraged by my family mostly and by the fact that Im not losing very much and I stop. I am trying to let the Lord take care of my emotional needs so I won't try to satisfy them by eating. Encouragement would be nice!!!!
  • Frmvt
    Frmvt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new today to this list. I am a mother of three. I live in a very remote area and homeschool my kids. Because of this I rarely have interaction during the week with other moms. I'm looking forward to connecting with other Christian moms so we can support each other. We all need some edification and extra prayers some days. Please feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • staciebenware
    staciebenware Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    So here's some encouragement coming your way--we get to live in paradise with Jesus! I wonder what our heavenly bodies look like. Not to be concerned about weight or health anymore? Heaven with our loving God is our hope. Lets keep our eyes on Him and not our mirror. Let what we do for improvement be His will; let us go to him to make our goals a reality. He knows us and wants what's best for us!:flowerforyou: