No Sleep for the Wicked

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Well, I am tired of this crap. I really wish I could just rip my thyroid out and be done with it, find a good dose to stabilize me and it wouldn't change unless I gained or lost weight since I wouldn't have a half-assed working gland that sputters in and out when it wants to. I haven't slept more than maybe 5 hours in the last two days and I am cranky as I don't know what.

Anyone else been sleepless?

cranky-blog-call-tracking.jpg

Replies

• KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I had a big streak like that but I think it was the progesterone/estrogen I was taking at night. Do you have vitamin D drops? My GP suggested taking those at night.

Other than that, all I can suggest is Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea & Benadryl. I feel for ya! :frown:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I take VitD both in my multi vitamin pack and extra since it's so low, I just don't absorb much of it. I don't have drops. What do you recommend? I like the tea and benedryl idea, I might get some for tonight since I need to be rested for my drive tomorrow.
  • tokyoshorty
    Options
    Me too! I've had the weirdest sleep schedule for days now. Usually I am the type of person who falls asleep at the drop of a hat.. the last three days I have tossed and turned (I actually shoved my computer off my nightstand last night, whoops), and I woke up today feeling soooo "rested" that I thought it was a day later (hint: I dreamt all night it was today, so when I woke up, I was already thinking it was the next day and was ready to cry, haha).....

Hope things level out for you soon! All I can suggest is mint tea, giving yourself a little more time to wind down before bed, and maybe a hot shower.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Valerian root capsule has also helped me in the past. Melatonin is good too, but it gave me some real weird dreams (didn't affect hubby this way though).

I use Biotics Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte 1 drop is 2000 IU. I get it from either Amazon, Covenant Health Products, or another online store who sells professional grade supplements (just depends whose cheaper). It's a 1 oz bottle but it will last quite a while. Also, there is a Biotics Research Bio-D-Mulsion which is only 400 IU per drop so you want to make sure you're getting the "Forte." I take it with a high-quality fish oil capsule before bed.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    thanks for the tips guys <3. My sleep hasn't gotten any better yet as I've developed a sinus infection so staying asleep is hard when I can't breathe comfortably through my nose now >_<. I did try some sleepytime tea, and chammomile tea which didn't help at all. But I'm hoping once my infection starts getting better my body will be so exhausted I'll get a good rest soon.