Hair and make up?

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
I'm looking into it right now. And not sure what to do. I was quoted 400 for me. This includes hair, make up, manipedi, and a 90 minute consult. Def not what I wanted to spend. Is this high?

Replies

• JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    $400 is what I'm going to pay for mine in Memphis. (Oh, I forgot tips on everything so it'll be more like $500+.) Are you still looking around or do you have quotes from specific people you like?
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Are you going into a salon? I found some independent but professional people who are doing mine for about $110 but I am not getting a manipedi. I think it has to do a lot with where you live as well.
  • micqs
    Options
    The 400 is all inclusive. It includes a 20% gratuity. That was a preferred vendor of our venue. I'm still going to shop around. I really wasn't planning on spending that much. The problem is I'm getting married in a verryyyyyy small town so services are limited. I have a family friend who I just thought of who has a salon. I think I'm going to see if she's willing to travel and what her prices are. :)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    WoW! That is a lot of cash, I'm a bit worried what my hairdresser will charge now!
    Not bothering with Make-up. I don't know if thats weird or not but I've been doing my own make up for 16 years now so I just feel if someone else did it then I wouldn't feel like me!

Hope you get a good quote from you family friend.
  • micqs
    Options
    My dad actually asked for me when he went to get his hair cut. And SCORE! A much more reasonable price for me AND my bridesmaids. I'm really good at make up and contemplated doing my own but I've spoken to a few brides who have said they would have had someone else do their make up if they had to do it over again. So I'm sticking with that. Lol I am a perfectionist and a worry wart so I'd rather not have to deal with that on top of everything else I'll be thinking about. Lol.
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lucked out with this as my soon to be sister in law is a beautician and will do my hair and make-up plus all my bridesmaids for free! ( I will be tipping generously of course!)