GREEN TEAM-WEEK 7

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Evening Ladies:
Here is the recap of the official challenge:
************Challenge recap***************
1) 30 minutes of exercise on Thanksgiving day (thurdsay 11/28). Only counts on thanksgiving, cannot be done another day. Report as you normally would to your coach
2) Optional challenge (bonus points but wont be penalized for not completing) http://limitlessgood.com/pages/givingtuesday-share-a-smile Post a smile photo on this facebook page and they will donate $1 to feeding america this holiday season to help the less fortunate. Report on the MAIN THREAD ONLY your completion of this challenge with a :)
3) have a great thanksgiving and try to make smart food choices

If you are looking for a LAST CHANCE WORKOUT, here is another doozy that John, the Drill Sargent, created:
Jumping jacks 20 reps
bend and reach (basically squat with arms stretched out) 20 reps
Sit ups-20 reps
push ups-15 reps
Bicycles-20 reps
Leg spreader (lie on the floor and open and close legs while lifted) 15 reps
sit ups 20 reps
flutter kicks 20 reps
elevated push ups ( either raise your arms or legs) 10 reps
jumping jacks-20 reps
squats 20reps
side straddle hop ( go side to side hop twice on each side) 15 reps
Mule kick (on you knees extend one leg fully behind you repeat with other side = 1 rep) 15 reps
sit ups-20 reps
push ups-knee-20 reps
knee lifts ( one each side =1 rep)-20 reps
jumping jacks-20 reps
sit ups - as many as you can in 1 minute
push ups- as many as you can in 1 minute
1 minute plank
The end.. it took me about 25 minutes to do when I tried it, it is a good one!!
Congratulations jfea for being Biggest Loser on our team!!:flowerforyou:

HAVE A GREAT AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Tammie
(Your wacky coach)

Replies

• jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING LADIES!!!

Tomorrow morning me and my possey (mom, brothers "twins", and husband) are running the Turkey Trot 5k

So my Thanksgiving workout is in the bag :D
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    After my disappointing weigh in I immediately found a turkey trot for Thanksgiving. Luckily my sister and one of her friends will be coming too. So I will be just fine for tomorrows 30 minutes.
  • FieryVixsin
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Run/ mostly walk a 5k Turkey Trot this morning. I think I clocked in at 50 minutes I could have done a lot better but my sister and I chatted a lot catching up. It was a lot of fun. Hope you guys have a great day. Challenge Completed!

::Go Team Green::
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving! Just got done walking my dogs for 30 minutes for almost 2 miles. Now going to my grandmas to indulge in some delicious food and family time. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Ladies;
    Glad to see that everyone is getting out and getting active. I biked 20 miles before I started cooking my dinner, then ate, then walked 4 miles in just under an hour in the bitter cold. Challenge done. I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I also did the optional challenge and posted my smile. Please do this ladies if you can, it will help feed 9 families!! Have a great night. Oh yes, I am heading out shopping too!!

Tammie
    (your crazy ready to get this Christmas shopping done coach)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Great job on your 5k Sexiparti

I finished my 5k in under 38 minutes. Not as good as last sunday but I'll take it!!

Hubby & I are going for a walk too shortly as it is gorgeous here!! Probably the warmest and prettiest thanksgiving day we have had in our little coastal town in years.
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if walking lots of miles Black Friday counts as exercise?!! Anyway, I walked an hour yesterday and it was COLD outside!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    I am wondering if walking lots of miles Black Friday counts as exercise?!! Anyway, I walked an hour yesterday and it was COLD outside!!
    I think they should count because not only are walking, bending , and lifting, but you also have to fight your way through the freaking crowd!! Great job on getting some exercise in!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening Ladies:
    Well today I purchased my second gym membership. This one is closer to home and offers an indoor track and much better equipment than the YMCA I belong to. Now I have no excuses, whether the weather is bad or not I have a place to go!! Tonight I lapped the indoor track for an hour rotating between walking 2 laps and running 2 laps, then I got on the elliptical rider and pumped it out for an hour, the machine said that I burned 880 calories, and then I did some weight lifting and finished off with squats, push ups, and sit ups (regular and reverse)..Phew it felt GOOD!!
    Have a great night everyone. I am trying hard to work off that Thanksgiving dinner and have a loss this week. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Tammie
    (your exhausted but determined coach)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: KEEP ROCKING IT LADIES:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • tambam72
    Options
    Hi ladies:
    So if you do not hear anything from me over the next couple if days, it is because I am trying to pass a 6 mm kidney stone and heal a torn groin muscle. Needless to say I am in a lot of pain and on meds that make sleep. My entire left side is swollen twice the size of my right, it is crazy! Anyway, hope everyone else is having a great weekend, they have restricted me to bed for the next few days!! UGH..2 steps forward, three steps back!! Have a great weekend!!

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    TAMMIE, i feel your pain, I passed a 4mm kidney stone in July. Hugs, Rest... Rest.. Rest.. hydrate. poor you... hugs been there

survived my busiest weekend of the year at work, started my cycle, ugh I hate them, 2 lbs water weight gain, planning to run it out of me tomorrow, won't be sending in my weight til Tuesday morning this week.

I have finally signed up though for a marathon. I will run the San Francisco Marathon on July 27th. Tomorrow begins Day 1 of my new training routine. I am so excited. Hubby and I our putting my routine together. Let the fun begin :D
  • I havent had a chance to log on with all the festivities going on... was proud of myself did 8 miles on the bike for 35 minutes the morning of Thanksgiving before the family was even up just in case I decided to indulge. Went to two thanksgiving "dinners" and didn't eat much at all. I haven't been eating much sugar so everything tasted too sweet.... although my father baked for the first time in my life and his 60+ years and I didn't know when this might happen again... so of course I had to have a tiny tiny slice of his first ever cherry pie.

Challenge is complete! I'll be sending my weigh in on Tuesday morning as I have a work meeting tomorrow night and a dentist appointment in the morning. I am hoping to beat this plateau this week. Being stuck is killing me.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good morning ladies:
    Awesome job on the challenges. I am still in pain, but did go walk 7 miles on the indoor track yesterday in 100 minutes. Jesse awesome for signing up for a marathon, I hope to be doing a half marathon in June with the Biggest Loser. Please do not forget to weigh in. Have a great day!!

Tammie
  • Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are in so much pain Tammie, hope you are feeling better soon! I went to two Thanksgivings this week and didn't get in too much exercise except for walking my dogs on Thanksgiving and again yesterday, and of course a lot of Black Friday shopping so I am glad that I was able to maintain my weight and not gain...still at 163.8 lbs.

This week I am back at it though, bought a new kettlebell so I will be adding kettlebell workouts on top of Month 2 of Insanity...really hoping this will help me push past this plateau and lose some weight before New Years!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are in so much pain Tammie, hope you are feeling better soon! I went to two Thanksgivings this week and didn't get in too much exercise except for walking my dogs on Thanksgiving and again yesterday, and of course a lot of Black Friday shopping so I am glad that I was able to maintain my weight and not gain...still at 163.8 lbs.

This week I am back at it though, bought a new kettlebell so I will be adding kettlebell workouts on top of Month 2 of Insanity...really hoping this will help me push past this plateau and lose some weight before New Years!!
    I did not know you were doing Insanity. Actually I am surprised that your weight is not going up due to muscle build from doing that, do not be surprised if it does. I hope that you are tracking inches..true measurement of success. My trainer gained 8 pounds of muscle when she did the program. Good luck and youtube has a lot of great kettle ball exercises!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Ladies please do not forget weigh ins!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    No weight loss this week 247.8 but given the circumstances and working over 50 hours in 3 days no sleep and eating in point I'll take it!

Positive note I've registered for my two marathons and tomorrow begins an intensive running schedule. 22 weeks til my first marathon.
  • FieryVixsin
    Options
    last week 180
    Current 180

All things considered I can't complain. Next week will be better.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    so mad lol i knew i knew i should have waited to turn in my weight til today after a good nights sleep oh well! lol

next week will be a good weigh in
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Life is nuts right now, but despite not exercising at all this week, I still managed a loss and I'm pretty proud of losing over a holiday week.

LW: 329.6
    CW: 326.8

-2.8 pounds :)