Merry Belated December Challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Check-in here for:
December!
Remember, folks, there's a new system for recording your numbers -- you'll need to visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdEtLNnJpbE1ualdUa2lqczBoY3RwVXc

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for December. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet if you have any questions!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

December:
Dec_MFP.png

November:
Nov_MFP.png

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I mapped out 126, but will shoot for more if the mood strikes me. 126 will have me eclipse 1,000 for the year!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    still recovering from reduced running, but I'll aim for 101 to get 1408 for the year.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just put my goal in. :)
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to the group in a few months even though I've still been running. I just put myself down for 100 miles this month.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Added the December spreadsheet...still time for more folks to join in!
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I put myself down for 100 miles. Gotta run off those Christmas cookies! :)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    This is my first time joining and I put myself down for 90 miles this month.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    125 for December.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 125!
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much I will hit, but I am shooting for minimum 60!
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In for 150 this month thanks:smile:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    In for 250, which should bring me to just over 2800 for the year.

ETA: 2808 will get me to an average of 54 miles per week, so that's the overall goal.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yay for December! One of my favorite winter months.

I am going to, optimistically, try for 150 miles for December.

My goal for 2014 is to beef up my weekly mileage, and to hopefully get faster. I feel stuck where I am right now (speed wise).
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    In for 250, which should bring me to just over 2800 for the year.

ETA: 2808 will get me to an average of 54 miles per week, so that's the overall goal.

WOW! CONGRATS!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In for 150!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Awwww...now you've gone and made me check my total miles for the year. 175 for the month will leave me 23 short of 2,500, so I just bumped the goal to 200. I'm bringing the running gear to Spain for the holidays.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Awwww...now you've gone and made me check my total miles for the year. 175 for the month will leave me 23 short of 2,500, so I just bumped the goal to 200. I'm bringing the running gear to Spain for the holidays.

:laugh:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Looking at my schedule I changed my goal from 90 to 70. There is no way I am going to hit 90 in December
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hope things are going well for you all!
    I am ticking along quietly
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi all... trying to get back into MFP after many months away. Weight slid back some this fall, and I need to get serious about it again, before I give up all the ground I made there.

I've been running, though, and completed two more HMs this fall.

I'm focused on running shorter distances overall right now, and am doing the Runner's World holiday run streak.

I added a goal of 80 miles for the month. (an average of 2.6 miles a day) Already a little behind for this month... but I'll make that up this weekend.