Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
Want to chat about P90X, go for it!

Replies

• SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    Hey-
    Do you know what the difference between P90X and Insanity is? I'm trying to figure out if after i'm done with Insanity, whether I want to move onto P90X....
    Any thoughts?
  • ninjabarbie
    ninjabarbie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing p90x and my friends have insanity and they said it is more cardio than p90x. I never found p90x to do much for cardio, however, it helps with my upper body strength because of all the pushups, pullups, and other arm exercises. I find p90x exercises a bit hard to do after i have been playing handball or rock climbing in the previous days.
  • toddtatum
    toddtatum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would agree with ninjabarbie. The one thing that I would say about P90X is that it is not typical weight lifting. It combines movements at a fast pace. There are also a couple of cardio workouts. The Plyometrics workout does get my heart rate up to 80% max at least. The Kempo-X is not too stressful -- especially if you are already doing Insanity. If you are already proficient at Insanity, then I'd recommend that you mix it P90-X and perhaps substitute the Plyo-X and Kempo-X workouts for your favorite Insanity workouts. I know people that have done this when they burnt out on Insanity. They were also pleasantly surprised at the upper body development that they saw with P90-X above Insanity.
  • Mkoalenz
    Mkoalenz Posts: 2
    Options
    I am finishing up a P90x Insanity Hybrid in 2 weeks. Insanity is almost 100% cardio while P90x is a muscle confusion total fitness program. p90x you lift 3 days a week, have 2 cardio days (plyo and kenpo) and have a yoga day (90 mins and its pretty tuff).

You will tone up more with P90x but insanity will burn more calories in general. In my hybrid i i do day 1,3,5 p90x (lifting days) and the other days i mix in different insanity workouts..

after i'm done with this i will start insanity the asylum... looks like fun
  • dderrough
    dderrough Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah, P90X is more strength based, than cardio based, although they do have a 'lean" version which focuses on more cardio. I start Phase 3 on Monday, when I am done with this first round am planning on doing a hybrid of either P90X and TurboFire or P90X and Insanity. I have lost 10lbs since starting P90X(I have about 36 more lbs to go), but have gained quite a bit of muscle, which is amazing for me! Now I am wanting to up the cardio to help burn the fat off so you can actually start to see the muscle haha.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Well like most said before me...

P90X is a major muscles making machine....Upper body,chin-ups,weights,push-ups and some cardio.

Insanity is major cardio fat burning systeme... Cardio all the way, some push-ups but mostly cardio.

I did P90X in 2010 and I'm doing Insanity now....

Both program are amazing, depending what you're looking for.

For the abs....They're both good.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Jillian Michaels body revolution and have p90x that I'm planning to start the first of the year. I still have about 55 lbs to lose so am afraid it will stall me too much. I've been doing 800-1000 exercise calories burned, but have to modify pushups and the tough plank variations. Do you think i can so p90x with modifications and still lose weight as I gain muscle? I plan continue doing the elliptical and run every other day when it isn't too bad outside.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    I need to star again ..