Season 4 - Ep. 8 - "Too Far Gone" - 12/01/13

Options
2»

Replies

• A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't think that Merl was dead because he cut his hand off. I knew he was too good a villain for them not to bring him back. I'm sad he's gone. I realized that I like the villains in the show more than some of the do-gooders like Carol (guess she's not as good I though) or Andrea (even though she's gone I never really liked her).
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I watched the episode again. I changed my mind. I think it's Tyrese who has the baby, not Michonne. Tyrese runs holding something in his arms plus the baby carrier's straps are unbuckled. Walkers aren't going to take the time to unbuckle a carrier.
    Agreed that Judith is alive- but am I the only person in the world that doesn't trust Governor is dead? If they didn't show him being shot- I don't believe lol! Remember we thought Meryl was a goner when he was chained to the roof!!!!!!

In the Talking Dead's Memorium clip, the Governor was listed as dead along with Hershel and all the Walkers who "died" in the episode.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ****Talking a LITTLE about the comics below (no real spoilers, however)****

It would not surprise me if Judith was, in fact, dead. It also wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't. I read the comics but, fortunately, the show deviates in enough places that you can't be certain of such details being the same.

Anyway, I thought it was a shame seeing Hershel go like that, in front of his girls and all. I'm glad the Governor turned out to be a bit more evil than I inferred from season three. I mean, the mowing down of Woodbury's residents was evil mass-murder and all, but it was spur of the moment, emotion driven. The attack on the prison was premeditated mass-murder. Again, speaking of the comics, I was a bit disappointed because in the show, he was not a fraction as evil as in the comics. If only this show were on HBO or Showtime... Then they could get away with airing a proper Governor.

I am concerned about how they are going to do what the comics are doing now though given the aforementioned limitations of being on AMC rather than a movie channel... I hope they can pull it off.
  • Caleb_Daniel
    Caleb_Daniel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ****I guess its a Spoiler*****

David Morrissey is still showing up as the Governor on 3 more episodes on IMDB. Episode 9, 12, and 16.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options

David Morrissey is still showing up as the Governor on 3 more episodes on IMDB. Episode 9, 12, and 16.

Holy crap. I had to go check for myself and it's true, I can't believe that! I mean, like glenner said we never saw him get shot! It's highly unlikely he'd survive a blow like he took from Michonne, but as unlikely as it could be, it may be possible. It's possible that The Governor shows up in those episodes in flash-back form...but that's not really TWD's style...My anxiety over waiting until February just got 10x worse now....
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    ****Talking a LITTLE about the comics below (no real spoilers, however)****

I am concerned about how they are going to do what the comics are doing now though given the aforementioned limitations of being on AMC rather than a movie channel... I hope they can pull it off.

I think that Governor on the show is way more complex and interesting than the GN Governor. The Governor in the GN is just evil, evil, evil. The Governor on the show is a whole different kind of crazy evil. He's the kind of crazy evil that pretends to be normal which in my opinion is even creepier because at least if you know for a fact someone is evil then you avoid them. If someone is pretending to be normal then you think you can trust then and when you're not looking BAM! they hit you over the head with a gold club and drag you into a pit of walkers.
  • strychnine7
    Options
    Holy crap. I had to go check for myself and it's true, I can't believe that! I mean, like glenner said we never saw him get shot! It's highly unlikely he'd survive a blow like he took from Michonne, but as unlikely as it could be, it may be possible. It's possible that The Governor shows up in those episodes in flash-back form...but that's not really TWD's style...My anxiety over waiting until February just got 10x worse now....

They have shown flashbacks before. They showed Shane telling Lori about Rick, the day he was shot and the one where Lori and Shane witness the napalming of Atlanta, are the two I can remember off the top of my head.

Having said that, I wonder about him being credited in three more episodes. That seems like a lot of flashing back... I'm wondering if the shot we heard, but didn't see, was after she turned the gun on herself.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

This could be as flashbacks. Doesn't necessarily mean he's still alive.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options

They have shown flashbacks before. They showed Shane telling Lori about Rick, the day he was shot and the one where Lori and Shane witness the napalming of Atlanta, are the two I can remember off the top of my head.

Having said that, I wonder about him being credited in three more episodes. That seems like a lot of flashing back... I'm wondering if the shot we heard, but didn't see, was after she turned the gun on herself.

From what I remember (granted, I'm not the type of person that usually re-watches TV shows so maybe I'm wrong), they DO have flashbacks, but they're used sparingly so it's still not really the style they go for. I don't see what the point would be in having flashbacks in three different episodes about the Governor after going through the effort of having 2 extremely dull and dry episodes completely centered around him to give viewers the back story. Plus, there aren't really any plot holes that flashbacks would be necessary for regarding the Governor. Only thing I could think of, though, is maybe he IS the culprit of the rats after all and they use flashbacks to show his various attempts to try to sabotage the prison. That could be possible, too. I dunno, I was completely convinced he was gone when watching the episode, but I'm not so certain anymore.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Only thing I could think of, though, is maybe he IS the culprit of the rats after all and they use flashbacks to show his various attempts to try to sabotage the prison. That could be possible, too.

Good point!
  • strychnine7
    Options
    I think that Governor on the show is way more complex and interesting than the GN Governor. The Governor in the GN is just evil, evil, evil. The Governor on the show is a whole different kind of crazy evil. He's the kind of crazy evil that pretends to be normal which in my opinion is even creepier because at least if you know for a fact someone is evil then you avoid them. If someone is pretending to be normal then you think you can trust then and when you're not looking BAM! they hit you over the head with a gold club and drag you into a pit of walkers.

The comics-Governor committed WAY worse atrocities than the show-Governor, which is why I said what I did. Whether he's more complex or interesting, I can't say. I personally didn't care for either of them. The current comic-antagonist is probably the greatest villain I have ever seen, though. I can't wait for the show to catch up (if it even goes that route). Like I say though, I'm worried they can't to it justice.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Maybe they're having flashbacks...

ETA that oops, I missed page 2, and this was already said. Sorry!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

This article brings up a lot of good questions. I had completely forgotten about the voice that Daryl and his group heard on the radio when they were driving to the vet college.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Also they keep saying that it was a rabbit that was dissected and pinned out. For some reason I thought it was a rat.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This was such a good episode, and I'm kind of relieved most of the (non zombie) threats are gone. The governor finally died, and I love that Michonne's point blank statement "I'm going to kill you" came true. Mostly, at least.
    I knew Hershel's time was coming, but at least he got to see that Rick had finally started to have hope again.
    I always do a mental count of who's with who, and where they went and I'm positive Judith is not dead. I'm thinking possibly Daryl or Beth, but I'm really feeling Michonne picking her up and taking her. Michonne stabs the governor then we lose track of her, what with that moment she had holding her in the prison and everything, I can definitely see her taking her and being able to take care of her in the wilderness.
    Also that weird bunny dissection, I've said it from the beginning and I'll say it again, those two little girls (Lizzy and idk) are behind it. I'm fairly sure they're behind the rats by the fence, the dead bunny, and I'm debating whether or not they burned the bodies or at least helped Carol. It would make sense because if they did it somehow, Carol would definitely take the blame to protect them. They also both seem to have sociopathic tendencies.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's going to be a LONG winter until February.

I'm glad they left the prison. There's now a chance that some of them might run into Carol on the road. It would be ironic if it's Rick and Carl who need her help. :laugh:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    It's going to be a LONG winter until February.

I'm glad they left the prison. There's now a chance that some of them might run into Carol on the road. It would be ironic if it's Rick and Carl who need her help. :laugh:

I'm kind of hoping they will run into Morgan from Season 1. He had a good set up in that little town were he was holed up.