Lacking Convo's!

Options
I just joined this group and see that it really isn't being utilized! How come? Group encouragement and participation is a great motivator! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe everyone is hibernating? :)
  • kristibusque
    kristibusque Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    haha maybe? when I hibernate I spend more time on the computer. that's pretty sad though. ;)
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone who joins has the same comments. We try but it doesn't last very long.
  • kristibusque
    Options
    Guess we're not an invested group. :) lol
  • nibletta
    nibletta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Or we all want to be invested, but then no one else seems to be so it just falters.

Or hibernating, in this city that is probably the real reason. haha.
  • kristibusque
    Options
    maybe we're all just invested at different times?
  • JJMorrocco
    JJMorrocco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well lets give them something to talk about...............
  • kristibusque
    Options
    lol where should we start??
    Let's maybe try 3 things about ourselves!

1. Regular public speaker for the Stollery (and tomorrow for the Make A Wish foundation)
    2. Black is my favorite color by FAR.
    3. I love love love social media.
  • JJMorrocco
    Options
    1. quickly becoming a minority - someone born and raised and still working in Edmonton
    2. I don't like change, but relaize it is usually for the good, and accept some
    3. I've been at this for just over a year, highs - lows and plateus - I am still here and proud to have at least maintained.
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1. Majorly passionate about photography.
    2. Worst weakness for chocolate I have ever seen.
    3. I've fallen down and gotten up more times than I can count and I am damned read to stay up from now on!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. Originally from Penticton BC
    2. Have grown to love running! Oh how I miss running outside haha
    3. My weakness is fries. I love fries...lol!!
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. Originally from small town Saskatchewan. Population... maybe 500 if you include farmers.
    2. Started in November 2011 at a size 26. Now at a size 18.
    3. I constantly compare myself to others and wonder why I am not losing as fast as they are.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOL. I think people join thinking "this is great! A group for my city." Then the realize, "oh, crap! I might actually run into these people on the street______?" Insert {eating something that won't help my diet} for me. :blushing:

1. I dropped out of University and moved to Ontario for 8 years. I still say Ontario is better even though I have been back for 5 years now and don't seem to have any drive to move on.
    2. I have a huge David's tea problem. I've got about a dozen bags lining the shelf above my work desk at all times.
    3. I am attempting to love the 5k. :grumble: I would love to do a fun run in the spring if anyone is looking for a running buddy. My cardio sucks...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    1. Born and raised in Edmonton
    2. Still think that the pick up truck drivers in this city are morons. The rest of us are just fine.
    3. I love Edmonton and always will. But our weather does suck. Sorry .. cannot lie.
  • JJMorrocco
    Options
    ^ re: item 2 - tell that to the three people driving cars my PICKUP truck has pulled out of the snowbank this winter. They were more than gracious I had a truck. Keep your cars for summer ..... oh wait trucks can pull the summer toys to the lake.
  • Bunni8E8
    Options
    Yeah it is lacking. i started this group a while back then stopped coming onto the website. Sorry I have failed you my fellow Edmonton-ions!!!

1. I love love LOVE loose leaf tea, to the point I drink way to much on a daily bases.
    2. My husband and I are attempting to make babies!
    3. I have two dogs I consider my "children" I love them a lot, probably more than tea. LOL
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1. I call myself an Edmontonian..but i'm really from St. Albert :S
    2. I love winter a lot...it makes sense since I live here..but its starting to get annoying the older I get...
    3. ...I'm only 22
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1. I am 29 years old (for real)
    2. I work at a Massage & Lymphatic therapy clinic in a great location
    3. I have 2 adopted cats from the EHS, Gallagher and Sammy
  • SprackleMe
    SprackleMe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I'll join the convo! Just getting used to this site, so excited to find a group for Edmonton!

1. I'm one of the few people who can say I'm from Labrador. There aren't many of us lol.

2. I'm addicted to Pepsi...like hardcore addicted.

3. I have a lot of goals this year, including dropping weight and making new friends. Maybe this group will help with both!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1) Lived in Nova Scotia (Cape Breton), AB (Ft. Mac), BC, SK and now back to AB.
    2) I own a banjo, and one day will be able to say I PLAY the banjo without feeling like a fraud.
    3) I'm 5 months pregnant.