TEAM RED WEEK 8

Options
77chantelle
77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
we still need aprilstar, health 1971, and Jamiegephart to post your weight and if you completed the challenge on Team red spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dGNNemZqLVF4SWhQM2JHcFVpVXpKY1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

How is everyone doing? What are your December goals? I feel like I am finally in the zone, my goals for Dec are to burn 12, 000 calories for this month. Eat clean 99% of the time, and I want to fit into my favorite jeans by Jan. !. It is going to be a hard month but lets stay focused.

Replies

• health1971
    Options
    I'm back and ready to rock and roll coach :bigsmile:

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou:
  • health1971
    Options
    I had a great time on my vacation, I was able to spend time with my family that I hadn't seen in a few years and did a whole lot of walking and stairs...My uncle lives in a 6 story building and in the 6th floor of course, lol... The constant walking and the stairs was an awesome workout every day and that's how I lost 3 lbs while I was way... I'm so happy to be back and to continue with this great challenge and my friends :flowerforyou: ...

Loved and Missed you all :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Welcome back health! Amazing loss too, Wow:flowerforyou:

I posted my weight on the spreadsheet. Did you get it in time? You had me worried that I forgot but its there:bigsmile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well, they really didn’t give me a whole lot to work with in last night’s episode. Basically the challenge for the week was for the one contestant who was sent home and asked to continue his weight loss journey at without the luxuries of the Biggest Loser Ranch.

Jillian had Roy using all sorts of various objects to workout in his barn. He was jumping on tires, throwing bags of feed, and climbing fences. This week I am going to ask that everyone does at least one hour of exercise without the use of typical exercise equipment. Look around your house, yard, and/or neighborhood for other objects that can be used to build strength. Books, bags of dog food, a sack of potatoes, or a pillow case filled with random items could be used as weights. You can attempt those monkey bars or race your kids up and down the jungle gym at the local park. Even just climbing stairs can burn a ton of calories and give you a good workout. The possibilities are endless just get creative and share what you did with your team. This does not have to be done all at once… it can be broken up throughout the week.

An hour might be a lot for some of you so I will allow you to use “Extra Movement” (I’m stealing this idea from another challenge I’m in) for half of it. You can do anything out of the norm that you feel qualifies as extra movement. For this you could rake leaves, shovel snow, reorganize the garage, wash detail your car, take the stairs versus an elevator while your holiday shopping, play tag with your kids, return your basket to the store instead of using the cages in the parking lot. Just keep track of the minutes spent doing these things and report back to your team.

NOTE: Although I want you to check in with your team throughout the week, at the end of the week please summit a list of what you did and the total minutes spent doing it with your weigh-in. This will help your team leader out tremendously!

Extra Credit… One of the contestants mentioned that if she were sent home with her trainer she would be embarrassed by the junk food that she has in her cupboards. I’m sure we all have a few items on our shelves that we could part with. It’s the time of year that you can find donation bins all over town. Bag those things up (maybe throw in some rice and veggies) and donate them the hungry families in your community.

Recap:

1) An hour worth of exercise without typical workout equipment ( may include 30 minutes of extra movement)
    2) Donate to a local food drive
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Thanks aprilstar, red team we can do this.
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Today i decided to walk my poor dog for 20 mins. She loves going on walks and it is hard for me to find time and she cant run with me ( ii am a treadmill runner and she is too old to run)! I also did 15 mins worth of body exercises, pushups, dips, jumping jacks, squats, crunches, pretend jumprope, high knee. Total time today 35 min
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well, I got 20 minutes of accidental extra movement. We got snow Friday and my husband got stuck at the top of a very large hill near our house so I bundled up and walked chains to him at the top of that hill. I was sweating before I even made it half way! I gotta tell ya, I was pretty proud of my husband though. After we got him moving again, he help two other vehicles to get out of the ditch. These poor people were given a 3-5 hour wait for a tow truck but my husband was able to guide them out in just a few minutes each.
  • jamiegephart
    Options
    I did 25 minutes of lifting/carrying boxes while packing and unpacking decorations to get ready for Christmas. I also did 35 minutes of yardwork, squatting to pull weeds, raking, and pushing the lawn mower.
  • health1971
    Options
    Hi guys,

Well, I helped my sister-in-law move over the weekend and she had lots and lots of boxes... So I leterally picked up and put down boxes for a couple of hours, lots of squats... My legs are super sour but worth the work and helping out my beautiful sister-in-law was awesome...

-Ivonne

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou:
  • health1971
    Options
    Welcome back health! Amazing loss too, Wow:flowerforyou:

I posted my weight on the spreadsheet. Did you get it in time? You had me worried that I forgot but its there:bigsmile:
    [/quote

Hi Aprilstar,

It's great to be back, as much fun as I had it's never like being home and I missed my hubby lots... I did post my weight on the spreadsheet on time, thanks for all your help...

Take care,

-Ivonne
  • 77chantelle
    Options
    Great job on everyone completing the challenge. I put up christmas decoration which involved moving boxes. Walked the dog for 20 min and used my bodyweight for toning, today, and also what I posted on Thursday. Remember to post your weight by tomorrow morning. thanks and stay strong:wink: