It's breaking my heart...

Options
13»

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The future is looking rosy indeed. He's settled in to his new stable and being turned out with his new herd. He already has grooming buddies. Tomorrow, the vet is coming to microchip him for his passport, and I've already made an appointment to start lessons with a teacher who seems very knowledgable. We'll get there. He was back to acting like a numpty spooking at everything yesterday, but can't expect a miracle in a week...
  • skylar1907
    Options
    So happy for you! Congrats and enjoy your early Christmas present! :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    (edited)
  • Okapi42
    Options
    Started riding lessons today, since I don't know enough to teach him everything myself.

The teacher said something I never thought I'd hear from *any* riding instructor: "There's nothing wrong with your riding. Stop being so hard on yourself. It's the horse that's unbalanced, we'll work on him".

Every teacher I've ever had before blamed the riders for everything :laugh:
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a HAPPY ending!
  • Okapi42
    Options
    Aww, only just saw your reply there!

It's not over yet - though we seem to be doing quite well at "happily ever after". :D
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    This was posted over a year ago...
  • luv2all
    luv2all Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just read the wonderful news!! Hooray for you and Jackson and happy endings!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Okapi42
    Options
    Thanks, luv2all - it was the classic story, girl meets horse, girl loses horse, girl gets horse back forever. :smile:
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just read through your thread and what a happy ending/beginning for the both of you! I am excited to hear about your progress and new adventures together. Congrats!!