Any other DEC 2013 Sleevers?

Options
Hi,

I am scheduled for surgery 12-12. I will be a lap band to VSG conversion. The Lap Band was a horrible choice for me. I was never able to tolerate fluid in it and now it has slipped and is causing a multitude of issues.

I am scared and excited for the VSG

Anyone else having surgery this month?

Tiffany

Replies

• postmom
    Options
    I am scheduled on 12/17/2013. I am very nervous but have 3 friends that have done beautifully after! Good Luck to you & I pray everything goes smoothly for you!

~Jill
  • ockek
    ockek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 12-3-13. I am feeling better each day that goes by. I hope yours goes well.
    Kevin
  • MonisNatural
    MonisNatural Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 12-3-13 and doing better every day but anxious to get back to feeling like myself. I've had a lot of great support but I do feel tired a lot. Overall, I'm excited about what's to come and look forward to a healthier lifestyle!
  • Mwt04
    Mwt04 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on day 4 of 14 of the preop liquid diet. I'm struggling with variety. Do any of you have recipes, suggestions, support for getting my protein intake?
  • Quilla4u
    Options
    My surgery is 12/17. A lil nerves but praying everyday. Best wishes to you
  • ponyannie
    ponyannie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My final appointment is 12/19 to be approved for the surgery. I am guessing it will be in january. How did/are all of you tolerating the pre-op diet? I am afraid of it since you still have your full ability to feel hungry.
  • dej923
    dej923 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 12/5 - wow that feels great to say! I've lost 5 lbs since surgery, 16 total. Small start but still re-cooperating. The most walking I've done is the trip to the grocery store last night which wore me out! Every day gets easier though and I'm less sore now. The hardest part so far has been the pre-op diet.

The worst part, for me, has been the gas pressure. Walking helps more than gas strips, but they have helped some. This people warned me about.

Now for the stuff nobody talked about... The other part I'm not fond of is the taste in my mouth from the sugar free everything. It leaves a funky aftertaste that I can't seem to get rid of so I'm trying to drink more decaf tea and plain water instead. Not really hungry yet, just feeling empty.

Diarrhea. Yep, I wasn't expecting it & in all of my reading I never once had someone mention it. Finally after asking one of my fellow sleevers said she had it 10 days or so after. So as badly as I want to pass the gas while walking I can't because I'm afraid of passing more. LOL sorry if TMI but it's blunt truth. That has also gotten better as the days pass though. Everything is getting easier and despite the discomfort and unpleasantness overall it's WORTH IT.

The shots suck. My doctor prescribes an anti-clotting injection for 14 days after surgery. I give myself a shot in the belly (well below my incisions) every night around 8pm. Most often its no biggie and doesn't hurt but last night's injection wasn't fun. And even though I know it doesn't hurt I still have a hard time with it.

Day by day is easier and I'm so grateful for this new beginning. I'm still in disbelief that it's really happening. I wish everyone good luck on your journey!
  • maryheadley72460
    Options
    I was sleeved two days ago 12/11/2013. Doing pretty well gonna start the protein based liquids today. Haviing trouble getting enough water...and still really in pain. Belly and incision sites. Anyone know how long that lasts? Good luck to all im super happy all the anxiety is over waiting for the surgery...excited for a new life and better health
  • maryheadley72460
    Options
    I too had nightmare lapband. Had it three years..worked ok..then started getting sicker and sicker. Band had slipped to bottom of stomach.. I was constantly vomiting into my lungs. Passed out on July 5 and woke up in hospital on August 3. Was in coma 5 weeks. Drs gave up hope...but prayer from family and friends got me through. They removed band during that time..and two years later...I have had the revision to sleeve. Becareful eith a band..late complications are becoming somewhat common...caused brain. Damaging high fevers..i was lucky there. renal failure...on a ventalater for 5 weeks..feedibg tube..dialysis..and list all muscle memory..had to relaearn to walk. Bad deal. But with sleeve I see only success on the horizon
  • d3bimull3ns
    Options
    I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on 12/28. Nervous but optimistic.
  • mommagirl_3
    Options
    I have surgery Dec.30th and am really nervous!! I cant wait to go for my PAT on Wednesday the 18th!! Hopefully that will calm my fears!!
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 11/20. Just recently started the soft food phase and loving it!

Feel free to add me (any sleever!). I like snooping through food diaries. Lol