I did it!

Options
Vaugirard15
Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
I completed the 5K training app today! Yeah!

Realized as soon as I began that I could have "resumed" my mission on Thursday and completed it as I'd hoped to, but that's okay… good to know that I can run 3 times in a week! :-) And, for a change, instead of running around and around the park, I ran from my home to the park (a little over 1.5 miles) then ran laps! Completed it just before the rain came pouring down (Qski and cyn-- I posted a progress pic on my page; you can check out my Runner 5 tee-shirt)!

The support and encouragement of my MFP friends has made all the difference! I know we haven't met face-to-face but I feel you with me on all of my runs, cheering me on! Thank you!

Now, on to Season 1, Mission 1! Stay safe out there! :-)

Replies

• cynforgiven
    Options
    i am so excited for you! Love the t-shirt but love the smile on your face even more! You are AWESOME!

(i know - exclamation point happy. I just really am excited for you :drinker: )
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm echoing Cyn's excitement!
    Yahoo!

You look great and your runner 5 shirt is well deserved.
    So inspiring and totally awesome I am out of adjectives to tell you how great I feel for you, can only imagine how proud you must be!

Big difference in your progress shots and you can really see on your face in the face photos too!
    Looking forward to hearing about the next app and missions!
  • Vaugirard15
    Options
    Thanks, cyn & Qski! Even though I sort of did it Thursday and needed to officially finish. Am very proud… and so very thankful for all of your support! You guys are the best!

PS Love the new photo, Qski! Very festive!
  • Vaugirard15
    Options
    Oh! And a really cool article (no spoilers!) about SixtoStart… Zombies and the new one, the Walk, that they are releasing on 12/11.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/10/25/4849252/six-to-start-walk-zombies-run