GREEN TEAM-WEEK 8

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Evening Ladies:
Sorry I did not get this up until now, but I have been very sick. I actually have a lot going on medically, so please forgive me if I seem a bit off. Basically this week, you have to find an hour of doing things out of the box, use unique things as weights, use stairs instead if walking in the treadmill, etc. You can break it up throughout the week, but you must post in the main feed what you did. Secondary challenge is to clean out your cupboards and donate your unhealthy food to a local food pantry.
For a holiday, you ladies rocked..we had NO GAINS!!!
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
KEEP ROCKING LADIES..................................................................................
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Have a great night,
Tammie

Replies

• Tolstoy26
    Tolstoy26 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather Tammie! Reading the challenge on the main thread has me a little confused, is it ok to do exercise like walking/jogging outside as long as we aren't using any traditional workout tools (treadmill, weights, workout videos) or is the challenge to do something out of the ordinary that we don't usually do?? This just isn't clicking for me.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather Tammie! Reading the challenge on the main thread has me a little confused, is it ok to do exercise like walking/jogging outside as long as we aren't using any traditional workout tools (treadmill, weights, workout videos) or is the challenge to do something out of the ordinary that we don't usually do?? This just isn't clicking for me.
    Walking or joggin outside is goo, but to make it non-traditional what I would do is try to use a couple of canned vegetables or milk jugs as weights or for a really good challenge fill a backpack with canned goods in the amount of the weight you have lost so far, if under 20lbs, use 20lbs and then walk for an hour with that. I did that this summer climbing mountains and it really made me appreciate the weight I had lost..just a couple of suggestions.

Have a great day!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    LAST CHANCE WORKOUT:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Since we are thinking out of the box this week, what I would like to see everyone do is a walk/jog where they look for change..set an amount like 50 cents and tell yourself that you will not stop your walk jog until you find that amount of change. See how long it takes..for some it may only be a few minutes, for others it may be a long time. Let me know how you make out.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Tammie
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Walking or joggin outside is goo, but to make it non-traditional what I would do is try to use a couple of canned vegetables or milk jugs as weights or for a really good challenge fill a backpack with canned goods in the amount of the weight you have lost so far, if under 20lbs, use 20lbs and then walk for an hour with that. I did that this summer climbing mountains and it really made me appreciate the weight I had lost..just a couple of suggestions.

Have a great day!!

Tammie

Thanks, that's a great idea!!
  • tambam72
    Options

Have a great day!!

Tammie

Thanks, that's a great idea!!
    Your welcome!!
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was thinking to do my untraditional hour of working out at work. My idea is to walk the race track once every half hour at work for the next 2 days. The race track is the aisels along the perimeter of the store. If I did this over the next two days I should walk the race track 32 times for 5 minutes a piece,

For the last chance workout I will do it Monday at work. I run and walk on a scenic location so finding at my home course would not be possible but at work I should be able to :D
  • tambam72
    Options
    I was thinking to do my untraditional hour of working out at work. My idea is to walk the race track once every half hour at work for the next 2 days. The race track is the aisels along the perimeter of the store. If I did this over the next two days I should walk the race track 32 times for 5 minutes a piece,

For the last chance workout I will do it Monday at work. I run and walk on a scenic location so finding at my home course would not be possible but at work I should be able to :D
    Sounds awesome Jesse!!
  • tambam72
    Options
    Hello Ladies:
    So for our challenge of thinking outside of the box, I packed up a back up with various materials and made weight 37.5 lbs and then I hiked it around our neighborhood!! 80 minutes=803 calories burned because i had to do hills and for hiking they only had up to a 20 lb sack so I think i made up the difference. Wow felt good!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Tammie
    (the crazy coach):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My unconventional workout this week was shoveling snow. I know that I probably shouldn't count it, but I just haven't had much time for anything extra, plus we got slammed with 42 inches of thick, sticky snow this week. I shoveled for about 30 minutes on Wednesday morning and about 20 minutes on Thursday morning and another 20 minutes today to get my Jeep out of the driveway. I didn't do it with weights or anything, but I did do it while being pelted with snowballs. :laugh:

I don't think I'll be able to complete the Last Chance Workout. There just isn't a place for me to walk outside right now especially since not everyone got out to shovel yet this week. I'll do an extra 30 minutes on my treadmill tonight to at least make an attempt at it. I'll be honest though, I don't think I'm going to find any change there. :laugh:
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Completed the challenge today. I loaded a back pack with 20lbs of canned goods and other materials and walked my two hyper huskies around my neighborhood today for 40 minutes. Also I have been deep cleaning my house...one room at a time, this consists of mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, taking everything out of drawers and closets and reorganizing and getting rid of things...so have definitely burnt some extra calories, I would say all in all probably about 2 hours total so far, and not done with the house yet. :happy: Unfortunately don't really have any unhealthy food to donate as I cleaned out my stuff a long time ago and my boyfriend won't be too happy if I donate his snack foods, but I am donating a lot of clothes that don't fit my anymore to a local shelter.
  • Challenge Completed: I used my reusable bags filled with canned goods for my weights. Instead of doing my reverse crunches like I would at the gym I anchored my hands on the bottom of the couch and lowered my legs until about 2 inches off the floor and did 3 sets of 15.

I'll try to complete the last chance challenge. I might try to incorporate the elementary school bus loop around the corner... someone had to drop some lunch money right?
  • tambam72
    Options
    Awesome ladies..yes shoveling snow counts and I am thinking that tomorrow I will get my turn!! I am also glad that I wasn't the only one to hike a backpack around the neighborhood. Today I used a lot of youtube, I did a Pump it up dance workout, then went for a 5 mile walk/jog, and then my daughter and I did Just Dance songs and danced for over a half an hour. She is finally getting excited about exercise..woohoo!! Hope everyone has a great night!!

Tammie
    (your crazy proud of all of you coach)
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    I think the scale is finally catching up with all the hard work I've been putting in for 2 months because there is no way I did enough this week to justify numbers like this. But I will take it because it means I'm down 40 pounds since mid-August. I am stoked.

LW: 326.8
    CW: 320.4

-6.4 pounds
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out cupboard and donated 20 cans to our work food for people bin. Completed 32 rounds on our racetrack at work over the weekend.Now bedtime!!
  • Oh_Allie
    Options
    Oh man, I really was tired yesterday. I absolutely thought it was Monday night and my weight would be late if I didn't weigh in. Oops!
  • Tolstoy26
    Options
    Great loss Allie!! I'm not happy with my weight this morning, but I plan on working out for twice as long as I normally do tonight so I'll send in my weight tomorrow morning.
  • FieryVixsin
    FieryVixsin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My unconventional workout I'm going to say will be cleaning my mothers snakes. She has about 100 pythons cleaning entails lots of scrubbing and lifting heavy snakes plus I was using them as weight and doing over head presses with squats good thing no one came out it would have been a sight and yes the snakes are all pretty nice . Plus it takes about 4 hours to do it so I'm going to say that counts. I also did about 30 minutes of raking and I should have taken a picture so many pine needles and leaves really felt it. Went on my longest hike this week 6 miles with lots of ups and down dogs greatly enjoyed and were completely pooped. Even my Husky had trouble getting back in the car after that one.

Last week : 180
    Current 179.0

I'm a little disappointed with the weight loss I keep having great numbers mid week then I "jump up" at weigh in IDK I've been a lot more active and have been watching my food carefully::sigh:: just needed to vent a little.

::Great job Allie and all of Team Green!::

PS- Tol your Husky in your profile pic looks absolutely adorable my Marlee looks smaller but she is the best little hiker ever!
  • tambam72
    Options
    I think the scale is finally catching up with all the hard work I've been putting in for 2 months because there is no way I did enough this week to justify numbers like this. But I will take it because it means I'm down 40 pounds since mid-August. I am stoked.

LW: 326.8
    CW: 320.4

-6.4 pounds
    Awesome loss!! Wow I told you eventually you would see a big drop, I am so happy for you!! Keep up the great work!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    My unconventional workout I'm going to say will be cleaning my mothers snakes. She has about 100 pythons cleaning entails lots of scrubbing and lifting heavy snakes plus I was using them as weight and doing over head presses with squats good thing no one came out it would have been a sight and yes the snakes are all pretty nice . Plus it takes about 4 hours to do it so I'm going to say that counts. I also did about 30 minutes of raking and I should have taken a picture so many pine needles and leaves really felt it. Went on my longest hike this week 6 miles with lots of ups and down dogs greatly enjoyed and were completely pooped. Even my Husky had trouble getting back in the car after that one.

Last week : 180
    Current 179.0

I'm a little disappointed with the weight loss I keep having great numbers mid week then I "jump up" at weigh in IDK I've been a lot more active and have been watching my food carefully::sigh:: just needed to vent a little.

::Great job Allie and all of Team Green!::

PS- Tol your Husky in your profile pic looks absolutely adorable my Marlee looks smaller but she is the best little hiker ever!
    I hear you about the weight. You and I are about the same weight and I have the same problem..mid week I am down about 3 pounds, then up 2 even though I am working out like crazy..and then back down..ugh!! We just got keep pushing and eventually it will catch up. Have a great night.
    Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good evening ladies:
    My weigh in last week was 183.4, this week 181.4, but I am waiting until tomorrow to put in my official weight because I worked out like crazy tonight and know I have a lot of lactic acid build up. I am hoping a little that flushes through the night. I have to say all of you ladies rocked it this week and I am so proud of all you. We are a strong team and a force to be reckoned with. We only have 4 weeks left, so I say ladies let's keep kicking *kitten*!! Have a great night everyone!!

Tammie
    (your happy full of so much pride she is going to burst coach)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: