just in the process...

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am just starting the whole process of having weight loss surgery done and at this point I would like to have the Sleeve. I have met with my Nurse and meet with the Nutritionist Monday and then the Surgeon the following Monday. I have researched this procedure and am excited/anxious to have it done. I know there are a lot of side effects and am trying to stay positive about potentially having those side effects once I have the surgery. I appreciate reading your stories including your challenges, as this will better prepare me for the possibilities. I have struggled with my weight all my life and am now seeing the repercussions of it as I hit my mid forties. I know this will be a valuable tool in achieving a more healthy, happy lifestyle. If any of you can give me positive advice about the impending surgery I would greatly appreciate it. My family is very supportive and eager to learn about how they can support me further once the Sleeve has been done. I look forward to chatting with you all through this process and sharing our challenges and successes!!

Sharon

Replies

• Zizelly
    Options
    Hello there. I'm 20 years old and just had my sleeve done 2.5 weeks ago. I go back to work tomorrow. It's not easy. Honestly, so far it's not worth it. However you must remember I'm only 2 and a half weeks out. I've lost about 30lbs so far. The liquid diet is very much hard to stick to. But already I notice a slight increase in energy. I recommend starting NOW to not drink 30mins before or after your meals because thats something that is really hard for me but it's something you need to do.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Everyone's experience is different but I am down 70lbs since being Sleeved 9/26. Stay patient, work through the diet phases sowly and start an exercise program (cardio, walking) as soon as you can to capitalize on the increased energy. It really does get easier as you progress.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery on 10/9. I have to say, I had no problems so far. My recovery was easy, I really didn't have a lot of pain, and I went back to work after two weeks. I made sure I walked every day after I left the hospital until I was cleared to do more strenuous exercise. Now I feel back to normal, I'm eating, working out, and I feel great. I am so glad I did this. The one piece of advice I would give - do what the surgeon and his staff tell you to do. Like Ronnie said, stay patient, and work through the phases.