week Dec 8 to Dec 15 - 5k training chat

Options
So, i guess with everything going on we missed making a training chat for last week. I've been doing a regular mission a day at least - season 2, missions 7-11, side mission 6 and started week 5 of the 5k app. Sorry i haven't been posting much. With the new job my schedule is chaos right now and it's taking most of me to make sure I eat, rest, and exercise. Once the schedule gets sorted hopefully I'll be back on more regularly.

Congrats to Vaugirard for completing the 5k app (twice :happy: ) I am so excited for you and hopeful that one day I'll be able to run/jog/wog/wun the 5k too. If i have to take my time to get there it's ok. I know I'll get there.

Glad to see Qski back to logging. Your break did you some good I trust. You're still losing, so it couldn't have been too bad.

And for any lurkers out there - please feel free to post. This started with just Qski posting to the ether, not expecting any response. The journey is always easier when you have some company - I'm sure the three of us can attest to that (I know I can). If you don't want to post public, but still want company feel free to message me and we'll keep in touch.

Stay safe and keep moving, Runner 5!

Replies

• Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I am back to logging sort of, and seeing Vaurigard's post about finishing and your post now I am going to get back to the wunning as soon as I can. (Tomorrow) I have a PT session 4pm today so am starting work early to go to that so will get back on mission in the morning.
    I am going to be repeating week 5 missions, but I might just do three week5day3 - I quite enjoyed that one!

Thanks for the heads up and hope to be telling you how I do in the morning!
    Take Care Runner 5's
  • Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm glad everyone's back to Abel Township and accounted for! I always look forward to reading about how you are doing.

Season 1 Mission 1 today but it was mostly a walk. This was the 4th alternate day of running (I usually only run 2X per week) and my body just said "no!". Had shin splints (ow-- Qski, I don't know how you've managed!) so I only ran about a km then took it down to a fast walk. That went much better.

I really miss the structure of the training app (and Dr. Myers!) but I think this will be good for me-- to learn how to structure my exercise for myself. I need to figure out what I can do and how to push myself to do better so I guess that will be the next part of my learning curve!

Stay safe out there! :-)
  • Vaugirard15
    Options
    Just looked at my achievements page on ZR. No wonder I was tired: according to ZR, I've completed over 25K in the past week! lol… who knew that was even possible?
  • cynforgiven
    Options
    Trying to not be full blown sick and don't have much energy today. I've been trying to do elliptical time every day to keep myself moving, but today's session was slower than I've been in a while. I've been averaging a speed of about 38 (according to the machine) and when I'm pushing it and feeling good getting up to 45 and even 50 for short periods. today i stayed right around 30. as much as I hate to consider it I might just take a break tomorrow. We'll see how I feel and how the time goes.

Glad to see you both doing well and sticking with it. Abel's in good hands :)
  • cynforgiven
    Options
    vaugirard - i can't imagine doing 25k in a week! Good on you for listening to your body and scaling it back. Don't want to see any runner get hurt out there!
  • Vaugirard15
    Options
    Thanks, cyn! Took a slow day yesterday (Tuesday) and will just take a longish walk today then will hopefully be back to running on Thursday. The weather has been very cold (for southern California!) so the arthritis is acting up a bit but it's supposed to get warmer soon. Hope all is going well for you!
  • Vaugirard15
    Options
    Got out today to do Mission 3. Ran for about 23 minutes + 5 minute warm-up walk. I think I'm going to try to do 3 runs a week and see how that works-- two shorter ones and one longer one. Running to the park is going well so once I get there, I can see how many ½ laps around the loop I make it before I poop out. Oh, and Daisy… my 44 pound lab/terrier mix (I'll post a picture) actually kept up with me the whole way this time. When doing loops, after about 3 or 4, she puts on the brakes and refuses to go around again. So the whole running to the park keeps her going! :-)

Stay safe out there, Runner 5s!