Beyond food and weight

Options
I've seen a lot of routine procedures in this group - routine tests, inductions planned months in advance, and hospital births in general. Why is it that women are so focused on their weight, but put little thought into the health of their babies and evidence based practice when it comes to pregnancy and birth?

Replies

• mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what this post is all about... just because we don't talk about that other stuff does not mean we are not concerned about it... this just happens to be a fitness site so more of the topics tend to surround weight and health...

I am not sure what your reasoning for this topic...
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Mostly we are looking to support each other and cheer each other on... not judge others for the decisions that they make. I think your premise that those who make different decisions than you are wrong or don't care about their baby's health is wrong.
  • Barefoot_Gaia
    Options
    I am not sure what this post is all about... just because we don't talk about that other stuff does not mean we are not concerned about it... this just happens to be a fitness site so more of the topics tend to surround weight and health...

I am not sure what your reasoning for this topic...

I was simply curious as to why health stopped at mom, that's all. Just wanted to read the dialogue.
  • Barefoot_Gaia
    Options
    Mostly we are looking to support each other and cheer each other on... not judge others for the decisions that they make. I think your premise that those who make different decisions than you are wrong or don't care about their baby's health is wrong.

Care to elaborate?
    It had nothing to do with judgement and everything to do with health. Health goes beyond eating and exercising. I'm just trying a topic other than 'new pregnancy symptoms' or 'worried about the glucose test.'
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You mentioned several "routine procedures" such as "hospital births" and then asked why women "put little thought into the health of their babies". I thought that was pretty self explanatory.
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    During my first pregnancy I relied heavily on the Babycenter.com birth group. But this isn't my first rodeo, and I know what to expect with pregnancy milestones. That website seems to be more what you are looking for. This is a health, diet and fitness website, so our pregnancy topics will generally focus on those subjects. I'm not running you off, but just suggesting you should expand your web presence to a site that seems to suit your wants.