Options
Mslmesq
Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
When do they typically end? This is such a pill. :-/

Replies

• Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Mine come and go. I don't have anything specifically that I don't like, but usually anything that has a very strong smell I typically am turned off from. For me, smelling too much garlic, bbq, onions, or those seasoning mixes that are really strong I can't take it :-\

From what I understand, some women are turned off from certain foods the whole pregnancy and once they give birth, can eat those things again.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any food aversions; I've known when I really *don't* want to eat a food but would have if I had to. There hasn't been anything that made me want to puke my guts out.
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I didn't want anything in my first trimester. It all made me sick. Potatoes (baked or mash) went down most easily. By 12-14 weeks I started feeling better and eating more. For the next two months, most of my aversions were in my had. I had thrown up kiwi and spinach, so I didn't want those, until I tried them and rediscovered I really like them.

For some, it lasts a pregnancy. Hope you are not one of them.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I didn't have too many, but the ones I did have lasted nearly the entire pregnancy. Pork was my big one (except bacon....this girl can always stomach bacon!). I had our baby 5 days ago and if somebody brought a pulled pork sandwich into my house right now I'd probably want to punch them. For some reason...it still seems nasty to me (I liked it before).