Team Blue ~ Week 8!

Options
justformel
justformel Posts: 193 Member
Here we go, another week. I'm interested to see what the challenge will be since there wasn't a physical one last night. My thoughts were it would be workout no gym or do something outside of comfort zone.

Replies

• justformel
    Options
    Challenge for this week:

This week I am going to ask that everyone does at least one hour of exercise without the use of typical exercise equipment. Look around your house, yard, and/or neighborhood for other objects that can be used to build strength. Books, bags of dog food, a sack of potatoes, or a pillow case filled with random items could be used as weights. You can attempt those monkey bars or race your kids up and down the jungle gym at the local park. Even just climbing stairs can burn a ton of calories and give you a good workout. The possibilities are endless just get creative and share what you did with your team. This does not have to be done all at once… it can be broken up throughout the week.

An hour might be a lot for some of you so I will allow you to use “Extra Movement” (I’m stealing this idea from another challenge I’m in) for half of it. You can do anything out of the norm that you feel qualifies as extra movement. For this you could rake leaves, shovel snow, reorganize the garage, wash detail your car, take the stairs versus an elevator while your holiday shopping, play tag with your kids, return your basket to the store instead of using the cages in the parking lot. Just keep track of the minutes spent doing these things and report back to your team.

NOTE: Although I want you to check in with your team throughout the week, at the end of the week please summit a list of what you did and the total minutes spent doing it with your weigh-in. This will help your team leader out tremendously!

Extra Credit… One of the contestants mentioned that if she were sent home with her trainer she would be embarrassed by the junk food that she has in her cupboards. I’m sure we all have a few items on our shelves that we could part with. It’s the time of year that you can find donation bins all over town. Bag those things up (maybe throw in some rice and veggies) and donate them the hungry families in your community.

Recap:

1) An hour worth of exercise without typical workout equipment ( may include 30 minutes of extra movement)
    2) Donate to a local food drive
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    completed challenge....painted inside yesterday. I did the high parts which included stair stepping and paint can lifting/holding...took about 2 hours...my arms feel like they are a thousand pounds and I guess I did not drink enough water while doing it....Charlie horses in my legs today!!!!
  • MichelleP418
    Options
    CW 206
    challange completed
    donated food/clothes/toys this weekend
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    CW 199.4 (ugh I'm trying to get back on the train)
    Did 1 hour of zumba
    Got my job to donate to our local food bank.
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    CW 146.8 (no change)
    I carried a heavy sleeping baby around for about an hour... does this count?
  • justformel
    Options
    Hi girls I'm still here. I'll post more tomorrow been real sick, but don't worry our weights will be counted. :)
  • MichelleP418
    Options
    Hi girls I'm still here. I'll post more tomorrow been real sick, but don't worry our weights will be counted. :)

Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • justformel
    Options
    This week we lost a total of 2.2 lbs for .29%. As long as we keep going down, its all good. :wink:
  • justformel
    Options
    CW 146.8 (no change)
    I carried a heavy sleeping baby around for about an hour... does this count?

Did you donate anything this week?
  • justformel
    Options
    My other exercise this week was, lifting grocery bags as heavy as I could go into the house with no help, up the stairs to kitchen, threw in some bicep curls with the bags. Sunday power shopped at the mall for 2 hrs, no one to help me carry bags, got out to my car drenched in sweat like I had just worked out. haha Those bags start to get heavy. Woke up yesterday and my legs and arms were sore, crazy, just from shopping.

I also donated 2 large bags of clothes yesterday and then tonight will be donating food at a work event.