Anyone up for a Twilight Almost Christmas Challenge...

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
To Any Team Twilight members out there....

It's been a while!!

Christmas is coming soon, lots of folks are busy...meaning we have lots of distractions...which is the reason I thought that an easy challenge is in order.

Starting Monday, the 9th, Post daily what are you doing to stay healthy and fit.
Feel free to include a recipe or favorite healthy food.
Share a favorite Twilightish holiday related movie or book quote or song lyric.

Have a great week!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It's finals week, and I've got my finals all made up, so I can start being healthy again while I'm torturing my students.:devil:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Kathy, that's great. I miss our little challenges!
    Love that you are torturing those college kids! :devil:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks, Yvonne for reviving us. I need all the help I can get to reduce my stress.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Up for it? Heck yeah! Twilight + holidays + good MFP friends = Fun while being healthy!
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea...hmm, staying healthy and alive, preparing for Christmas and battle,...oh yeah, Bella would!!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Up for it? Heck yeah! Twilight + holidays + good MFP friends = Fun while being healthy!

I know, right? It's been way too long!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks, Yvonne for reviving us. I need all the help I can get to reduce my stress.

Heck yes!! Positive vibes only, allowed here!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Hey, that sounds like a great idea...hmm, staying healthy and alive, preparing for Christmas and battle,...oh yeah, Bella would!!

This is way better than visions of sugarplums dancing in....wait a minute...that reminds me of Alice! :flowerforyou:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need something to take my mind off work stress
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Monday Check-in

This Twilight quote reminds me of snow for the holidays.

" Once people start throwing wet stuff I go inside." (Bella):noway:

It's pretty cold here, but we don't have any of the 'wet stuff' right now. Either way, the 15 degree weather makes it challenging to get outside and walk, which is my favorite activity.

What I am doing for my health?
    Well, I invited everyone to participate in this challenge... :heart:
    I find that I personally do better when I have short term goals and hold myself accountable to others, and what better way to share than with my Team Twilight buddies!
    I got myself a Fitbit Flex wristband which flashes little lights to indicate how far I have walked based on 10,000 daily step goal. This week I am striving to meet that goal at least 3 times. Using the work tunnels is the best way for me to get those steps in, oh, and some shopping helps too!

Good food....it's that time of the year when pumpkin treats abound. I made the crust less pumpkin pie yesterday, and it's quite tasty. At 65 calories per "slice" it's far from evil, even if I have more than one piece!

Happy Monday ladies!! Hope it's great!
    Yvonne
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    gonna try my best lol
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'll try to keep up, but honestly, I'm rarely on the site via a pc anymore. I wish they'd make it so mobile users could access the group forums via the app.

"Age is just a number baby" - Jacob
    I need to remember that one right now. I feel like the old hag amongst my younger friends with the way my body has been aching of late.

Ways of staying healthy... well the last two weeks or so.. I've slacked a bit. No exercise since Thanksgiving Day Thursday and I've certainly not been keeping track of eating well during that time either. And believe me, it shows. I can feel my pants fitting just a smidge bit tighter than normal. Of course it doesn't help that the wicked blood witch will be here this week either so I'm bloated to all hell and back.
    I have though decided to cut pop back out of my things I'll eat/drink. Even though it's been coke zero, or diet [insert name], I feel it's plays a big part in that bloated feeling. Ideally I'd cut out the artificial sweeteners and creamers too.. but that's not gonna happen.
    I'm also hoping to this week at least get on the elliptical, walking or even the Wii Fit 3x. I'm still taking a break off running to try and heal up my hip which has been hurting me since Thanksgiving Day (I brilliantly decided to try (and did) an 8 mile run).

No recipes to share.. yet, but if I come up with any -- I'll post them!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Kris...glad you are here! I agree, I wish the phone apps would allow forum participation! They keep improving, so maybe someday!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    gonna try my best lol

Awesome Nay!!! Love that you are here from so far away. Lol!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I'm in. Need something to take my mind off work stress

Definitely stress free safe zone here!!
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    I walked today for over an hour, part of it really slow with my old dog, but I guess it counts. Then I decided to do some housework and log it, and in order to keep from sitting down during that time I put on my Breaking Dawn Part I sound track. The first song to play was "It Will Rain" and I love how, though it may seem sort of sad thinking about losing someone, it's really kinda just a reminder to think how lucky you are to have that person right now.

Here's a fun quote (from BD 2) to encourage all of us to make it through this challenge and difficult month:

Jasper: "Well done, Bella. I have never seen a newborn show that much restraint."

Now if Jasper would just personally help me with my self-restraint issues...:wink:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I walked today for over an hour, part of it really slow with my old dog, but I guess it counts. Then I decided to do some housework and log it, and in order to keep from sitting down during that time I put on my Breaking Dawn Part I sound track. The first song to play was "It Will Rain" and I love how, though it may seem sort of sad thinking about losing someone, it's really kinda just a reminder to think how lucky you are to have that person right now.

Here's a fun quote (from BD 2) to encourage all of us to make it through this challenge and difficult month:

Jasper: "Well done, Bella. I have never seen a newborn show that much restraint."

Now if Jasper would just personally help me with my self-restraint issues...:wink:

It's all about moving that body!!! I bet your puppy was very happy on his walk.

Suzie, Thank you for the encouragement, I will now be thinking about Bruno Mars and Jasper Hale. A couple of darling boys!:blushing:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Tuesday check-in

We have a Twilighty Birthday to celebrate this week, Xavier Samuel: December 10, 1983 (Riley). Happy 30th Birthday Riley, you are still Such a young'in!!

I spent a couple of hours driving to OKC today, our weather warmed up considerably, (15 degrees to 40!) there is nothing like a 40 degree day after experiencing those super cold days. It made 40 feel like summer in comparison. traveling away from home can be an eating challenge. I managed pretty well until we had home baked cookies at my son's friends' home. I will head home tomorrow and will be back on track. On a positive note, I bought a cap to wear for my outside walks, it covers my ears and has a visor to keep the sun out of my eyes. I am anxious to get out there and put it to work!

Hope you had a great Tuesday ladies!!!:bigsmile:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Playing catch up for Monday (12/9) and Tuesday (12/10). Like KBrenOH, I am not on the site much via PC and can't see the community stuff on my phone. Also, if I haven't been commenting on the newsfeed much it's because I hate commenting on my phone.

What are you doing to stay healthy and fit: I've had my "diet" under control since about November 5th I think. I lost some weight last month and am trying to only go over calories on planned days during the month of December.

Recipe or favorite healthy food: I'm eating a lot of chicken breast and though it gets old, it definitely gives me a lot of bang for my calorie "buck". I try to switch it up by adding garlic, dipping it in low cal honey mustard, or mixing it in with other foods. At $1.99/lb, it's actually some of the cheaper protein out there right now!

Favorite Twilightish holiday related movie or book quote or song lyric: I decorated my Christmas tree this past weekend and hung my Twilight ornament (Thanks, Yvonne!). Because I put my tree in a corner of the living room, I don't decorate the back of it. This reminded me of Breaking Dawn where Bella takes Renesmee & Jake to Charlie's house, smells the packing materials from the Christmas decorations, and says she can see exactly where Charlie gave up on decorating the tree. :laugh:

Hope you're all having a sparkling week so far!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot that I should be checking in. Sorry! Got to Curves on Tuesday, but I've been skipping my walks.

Healthy food : avocado and mustard. It's what I put on sandwiches now - so much tastier than mayo!

Twilight inspiration: on this day in 2007, Summit announced that Rob Pattinson would play Edward in Twilight!

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwihardMuser/status/410902253919158272/photo/1?screen_name=TwihardMuser