Welcome! :D

Options

Replies

• Anika15
    Options
    hey everyone. Im victoria and very happy I joined this group yes i have started today to kinda push myself before december 12. excited about this journey. We all are going in strong right to the finish line
  • keller44
    keller44 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Karen. I have been real good about exercising since August of this year. The thing that keeps setting me back is the food. I have lost about 5 pounds, but that is only one pound a month. I would really like to lose at least one pound a week. I have 30 pounds to lose, and I am looking forward to holding myself accountable with this group.
  • MindofShannon
    MindofShannon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Shannon, I will be turning 25 in March of 2014! Eek! I remember wanting to be skinny by that age, now I have realized I just want to be happy and healthy. This is such a journey for me, it's been a roller coaster, that's for sure.

A little about me:

I live in lovely Los Angeles close to Culver City. I am a private duty nurse for a lady in Beverly Hills and I absolutely love it. I have a very supportive partner of 7 years. We are high school sweethearts and have lived together for 4 of those 7 years. He is one of my biggest motivations for losing weight, he lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago! No children but we have two fur babies (cats) that we adore.

How I got here:

I have been overweight since my pre-teen years, that much I know. I don't remember a lot about my childhood as I had some emotional abuse going on. I am adopted and not one of the lucky ones that get's an amazing family. My family loved me, that is true, but there was a lot of the aforementioned abuse. I didn't feel like I had any control in my life and the one thing I could control was food. As a kid I was very active in sports and dance so my eating habits didn't catch up to me until we moved during 6th grade, I was so depressed that I had to leave my friends I became a recluse. During that age I found out I had scoliosis and I had to wear a brace. I was teased and bullied for two things -- being fat and wearing a brace. High school I didn't have many friends but I met the love of my life there! As the years progressed so did my bad eating habits. I ballooned up to 215, my highest weight to date. I have tried pretty much everything I lost some, gained some over and over again. On October 25th, I walked into my first Weight Watchers meeting and 100% found where I am supposed to be! Because of that, I don't track/log here on Lose it! You can follow my journey and see what was my real breaking point via my blog and 'fan' Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HappyHealthyShannon http://happyandhealthyshannon.blogspot.com/

As of today I am very motivated to do this for me, and not for anyone else. That was a motivator back then, I always wanted to please someone else. I am doing it for me. To be healthy and happy and to love my self for the first time I can ever remember. I am a very encouraging person and love to motivate people! I am down 6.6 lbs since October 25th, 2013 and I say that's a win with all the holiday parties!

I love reading others progress and journey, so if you have a blog, I would love to read it!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi before I join with you all in this, when would be the weigh in days/accountability days? Im going on vacation at the end of the month for about a week Ill be able to check in and stuff but not so much
  • kuggz19
    kuggz19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi id like to join. .Iv lost 1st 4lb since starting..iv gained back the 4. N feelin crap about it...could do with extra motivation over the christmas period where i usually gain weight. ..I wana continue to lose it this christmas. .Thanks for startin the group. :smile:
  • Ljk13
    Ljk13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. fellow team "lose 20 lbs. by spring" My name is Lou-Ann I'm 43. I have been yo yoing for the past 10 yrs. I do great then slack off. Who out there has been there a few times. I currently struggle with the correct eating habit for me. I think I tried them all. I recently found out that I had high cholesterol and suffer from anxiety due to a stressful job, but the bottom line is I'm a junk food junkie. I like to snack in front of the TV at night. when everybody is gone to bed. I binge then I feel terrible I think due to the stress. doe's anybody have any tips for getting over that hump of junk craving and getting me back on track.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lauren and I will be losing 20 lbs. My workout includes both cardio and weights, although I definitely like weights more than cardio. My biggest challenge is eating right, not snacking when I'm bored (big problem) and staying away from sweets. I feel like I can lose 20 lbs by March if I really work hard, but it is more realistic to wait till June or July. Either way, I am here to shed fat and tone up. :D
  • mimimonster
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I'm Mimi. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I am insulin resistant and have PCOS. I am currently battling these and attempting to lose weight without any medication, because my financial situation is pretty dire. I was previously on Metformin and found it to be very helpful in feeling healthier and losing weight more easily, but I just cannot afford it right now.

I'm 24 years old. On April 1st, I will turn 25. I currently weigh 245 lbs. In 2012 my starting weight was 260. I had gotten down to about 215 that year, but then I had knee problems and a host of other issues and ended up gaining back a whole mess of weight throughout 2013. So here I am, starting over again! I'm trying not to beat myself up too much as I cover the same ground all over :(

My overall goal weight right now is 180, but I will be thrill just to be under 200 lbs for the first time in my adult life. My current shorter term goal is to lose 30-35 lbs by my birthday, just under two weeks after the first day of spring! Since this challenge is set on a similar time frame and with a similar goal, I hope it's okay for me to join in!

P.S. @MindofShannon, it sounds like we are having such a similar experience both shooting for our goals by our 25th birthdays! I'm going to send you a message! :)
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am joining this group because I am sick of complaining about my weight, either I do something about it or I accept it. I don't want to be the fat girl when I'm out. I am a yo-yo dieter always have been. I would like to build a healthy lifestyle and be done dieting! I love to run and at the beginning of the summer I was going 3 miles everyday, that's what I want to get back to and start firming up and dropping this unwanted weight! I would like to drop about 30ish pounds, hoping this is the motivation I need!!!! :wink:
  • imanih87
    imanih87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I would love to join this group to get support for my weight loss. I'm 19 and have been trying to loose weight for about a year now and have gained it back every time. My heaviest is 190 and I have lost 11 pounds in three weeks!! My motivation for losing weight is mainly to get myself back into shape so I can enlist in the marines next year I have to strength but not the running endurance. I also want to loose weight to have a better image of myself and my body. I currently do both rugby,and softball for my workout as well as a 60 min spin class two times a week. I hope this group can help me feel better about my self and reach my goal of 145!!
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined this group because I need an extra push to lose my last 20lbs. I've been on MFP over 550 days, although I miss 2 days, so my counter doesn't reflect this! :sad:
    I lost 50lbs and then put 10 back on and am holding steady at this point. I am addicted to spinning and bought myself my own spin bike as an early Christmas present. I also love dancing (contemporary & jazz) and yoga. I hope this group can help me get past my walls and help me make it to my goal by spring! I would love to hit my ultimate goal before turning 40 in August!:happy:
  • aprilramos143
    Options
    Hello, My name is April. I just finished another group and found this one. I love keeping track of my progress and the motivation from others really helps. I really want to shed these pounds off so I can feel better about myself in the summer at the beach. Keeping myself exercising I am hoping that it will soon relieve the stress and anxiety that I have.
  • TabbyBrucey
    Options
    Hi I just joined today. Looking forward to losing weight and getting healthier. Got a big family holiday coming up and I am by far the biggest girl so hoping this website will help :) Hopefully make some weight loss buddies and get and give support to others
  • AmandaTerry11
    AmandaTerry11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ME: I'm over weight
    I had my second baby 3 1/2 months ago
    I'll be 35 next month
    I don't like my husband seeing me naked and that's sad
    I avoid going out in public because I feel like everyone is thinking "she's fat" and that's going to change
    I'm tired of being grumpy because of my weight
    When I feel good about myself, life is easier on others around me.
    I want to be that "hot mom"
    LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • AmandaTerry11
    AmandaTerry11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in another group and today we are starting the plank and squat 30 day challenge. Today is 50 squats and 20 second plank.
  • smfeuro
    Options
    Hi all! I'm glad I found some groups because this is exactly my goal well almost. My UG is to get myself in a bikini and feel confident by my birthday (August). I'm hoping MFP and all of you guys will help keep me motivated to keep going. I do not like that the numbers on the scale are in the higher 100s than they've ever been before in my life. It's disheartening and I hope to change this!!!
  • 27karateerin
    27karateerin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @jennegan1

To answer your question, I was planning on weighing in every Thursday, but if that doesn't work with your schedule that is completely fine! Just weigh in when you can -- and you can still use the spreadsheet, just find the date closest to the day you weigh in. It would be awesome to have you join us! :D
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Currently

Weight 191.5
    Height 5'2"

Goal by spring 171.5

Good luck to all.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me :) Ill def join for sure

Ok so by March 20th Ill be turning 32 {on March 2nd} and my youngest will be 3 on the 16th
    Why am I doing this well I never truly been "obese" always been a little over weight but been near my normal weight a cpl times in my life. Also doing it be healthy again and to stay healthy over all alot of health issues in in my family so I would like to combat it before I get any of it. I also want my girls to learn from me by being more healthy and more active.

SW for MFP 186
    CW {i believe but scale recharging its batteries} 181
    so hoping to get to 161 by March 20th
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Carl and I have been hovering around the 160 - 170lbs mark for too long now and its time to dig in again and drive this thing home.

I am currently 168 and my ideal weight should be around 140 - 146; depending on how much extra muscle I find under there when I start cutting back. So, 20lbs would take me to the heavy end of where I want to go. Perfect timing as well as my Yoga camp is in May next year.

My love and main exercise focus is Yoga and I supplement this with Calisthenics (progressive bodyweight exercises). I also swim twice a week.

Looking forward to working with and being accountable to you all.

Namaste
    Carl