why do I comfort myself with food?

brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
The past couple weeks I have had a terrible cold and coughed so much my side hurt and yep, you guessed it, food seems to console me and ease the pain. While intellectually I know it doesn't, I guess it is a bad habit.

I guess just dust myself off when I do this and start over, cant guarantee I wont do it again. I am ok until life gets in the way and I feel so icky and go to food. Trying not to but didn't do so well this time.

Replies

• brenn24179
    Someone wrote on here to look at how far we have come. It is so easy to beat ourselves up when we mess up and we forgot how far we have come. I am trying to remember this when I mess up and I am sure it will happen again and I will have to start again.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Hi Brenn - How are you feeling? Are you getting any better?

Some terrible cold and cough has been going around in my area too. Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up over a small slip up. When you feel bad, you do what you can to make it better. Once you're well, you get back on track.

You're right - look how far you've come!

Thinking of you and hoping you're well. :flowerforyou:
  • brenn24179
    thanks so much for your reply, Yes, I am finally better, 3 weeks with that cold stuff. Now in hindsight I see we need to give ourself a break and do the best we can going thru tough stuff and then like you said get back on track!

I was glad I had my weight down and then gained about 4 lbs but can easily get that off, when it gets to be more it is harder. Keep your weight down so when stuff,life happens we don't do too much damage. I also upped the protein along with the ole chicken noodle soup.