Team Blue ~ Week 9!

Options
justformel
justformel Posts: 193 Member
Good Morning! Nothing posted yet about the challenge, but I can't even imagine what it is. I know finding the time to create that happy medium between work, family, exercise, is definitely a hard thing to do. That is what I struggled with both times I got to goal, then got overwhelmed and put some pounds back on.

Replies

• kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So something pretty cool.....Tanya from the Biggest Loser replied to my tweet on Twitter!
  • justformel
    Options
    So something pretty cool.....Tanya from the Biggest Loser replied to my tweet on Twitter!

Thats awesome. I've had 2 of them respond to a post I put on their fb walls before and that surprised the heck out of me.
  • justformel
    Options
    This is a bigger challenge with 3 parts to it. I'm going to copy the summary here and suggest you also read the official week 9 post. :)

Challenge summary
    1)as a team answer the 10 quesations posted in the main thread - one rep for each team shoudlo post the answers
    2)individually post one trivia answer and a new question for the next person in the main thread
    3) complete the "workout at work" http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/health/workout-at-work/

Part 1)
    Team trivia questions: please discuss as a team and have one member report your answers to me by 8pm EST tuesday

1) A BMI of ___ is considered obese for adults
    a. 25
    b. 30
    c. 35

2) A startling ____ of people who reach their weight loss goals relapse and gain the weight back within 5 years
    a. 68%
    b. 85%
    c. 90%

3) All of the following diseases have been linked to obesity except
    a. Diabetes
    b. Gallstones
    c. Cancer
    d. Ulcers
    e. Crohn’s
    f. All of the above are linked to obesity

4) Excess weight may be linked to memory loss. A recent study showed a ___point drop in memory score for each BMI point increase in a woman’s weight.
    a. 1
    b. 2
    c. 3

5) Lower levels of ____ in obese people may affect the immune system and increase the risk for asthma and allergy
    a. Iron
    b. Zinc
    c. Vitamin D
    d. Vitamin A

6) Obesity can affect a woman’ s fertility through all of the following except
    a. PCOS
    b. Decreased sex drive
    c. hyperandrogenic (excess male hormone) state
    d. irregular menses
    e. all of the above are linked to obesity

7) Obesity ranks ___ among preventable causes of death
    a. 1st
    b. 2nd
    c. 3rd

8) How many pounds would a 300 lb person need to lose before they started to see improvements in their health
    a. 1-5 lb
    b. 10-15lb
    c. 25-30 lbs
    d. 40-50 lbs

9) What obesity related disease, typically associated with adults is now being diagnosed in children as young as 5-10 years old in the US
    a. Type 2 Diabetes
    b. Heart Disease
    c. Osteoporosis
    d. Infertility

10) Approximately ___ of the adult US population is considered obese
    a. 10%
    b. 20%
    c. 30%
    d. 40%
    e. 50%

Let's come up with our answers and I will send her a message with our results.

Part 2) Will be posted on the main thread. Answer a question and post your own.

Part 3) Try the work workouts and post here how you did, where you did them, how long, etc.

Let's have fun this week. :bigsmile:
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think the answers are as follow:
    1. b
    2. a
    3. f
    4. a
    5. c
    6. e
    7. b
    8. c
    9. a
    10. d

Now on to the exercises :happy:
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Some of these were pure guesses, and some I don't even have a good guess.

1) b
    2) no idea
    3) c
    4) no idea
    5) no idea
    6) e
    7) a
    8) c
    9) a
    10) e
  • justformel
    Options
    1) B
    2) C
    3) F
    4) A
    5) C
    6) E
    7) A
    8) C
    9) A
    10) D
  • justformel
    Options
    There haven't been any official announcements of the lasts 2 wks weigh ins, but I did look at the file and it looks like we did get Team BL the Tuesday after Thanksgiving! Way to go girls! :flowerforyou:
  • justformel
    Options
    I got my work outs done today while at home working. I think I would die laughing if I did these at work, cause I work in an open environment and there aren't even cube walls. LOL

How about the rest of you? Did you get that challenge done?

We need just one more to take the quiz, then I will compile our answers and send them off to the leader.

Have a great weekend! :bigsmile:
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello team!

After thinking about it for a while I've decided that it is best that I withdraw from the competition. I really don't want to, but I am not able to keep up with my weight loss journey right now. I don't have enough time to exercise yet, and I am so packed with work and other family things that I all I am able to do right now is maintain. I can't devote time to lose weight for a while. I don't want to bring down the scores of the team because I can't give the competition my all. But I am rooting for you all and I know you will do wonderfully! I will be on my own journey and will check in on everyone the beginning of February to see everyone's progress and to show you how far I've come.

I'll see you in a few months!
    -Keli
  • justformel
    Options
    Hello team!

After thinking about it for a while I've decided that it is best that I withdraw from the competition. I really don't want to, but I am not able to keep up with my weight loss journey right now. I don't have enough time to exercise yet, and I am so packed with work and other family things that I all I am able to do right now is maintain. I can't devote time to lose weight for a while. I don't want to bring down the scores of the team because I can't give the competition my all. But I am rooting for you all and I know you will do wonderfully! I will be on my own journey and will check in on everyone the beginning of February to see everyone's progress and to show you how far I've come.

I'll see you in a few months!
    -Keli

Sorry to hear that. We all know what is best for our own bodies.

And now there is 3 left.....
  • justformel
    Options
    Hey girls, don't forget to give me your weights today. :happy:
  • kyoung1908
    Options
    Sorry I didn't weigh in I've been so sick! Got it from coworker :mad: I know it's too late but I'm 199.6
  • justformel
    Options
    Sorry I didn't weigh in I've been so sick! Got it from coworker :mad: I know it's too late but I'm 199.6

I put it in there, not sure if shes looked at ours yet or not, will keep fingers crossed.

I've been sick now for 3 wks, just when I think I'm getting better I wake up feeling worse. I've gone from stomach flu to strep to bronchitis/pneumonia I'm still battling with the sore throat showing up every other day still. UGH
  • kyoung1908
    Options

I put it in there, not sure if shes looked at ours yet or not, will keep fingers crossed.

I've been sick now for 3 wks, just when I think I'm getting better I wake up feeling worse. I've gone from stomach flu to strep to bronchitis/pneumonia I'm still battling with the sore throat showing up every other day still. UGH

Oh my goodness well I hope you feel better soon. 3 weeks is a long time to be sick!