Book Ideas

Options

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    From Gustaaf85 (he posted in our current book thread!):

I saw something about Dean Koontz, i am in for that, or Stephen King (huge fan of him)
    I'll try to do the next book. Last 4 weeks i was busy with my new appartment so no time to read, but i am settled in now so have more time for it
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have read every thing King's done: hubby is a rabid fan, so reading him is a marital requirement :) I highly highly recommend 11-22-63. That's the best thing he's done in years, and I could not put it down. No hard feelings here if y'all ever want to tackle king, I'll use it as an excuse to catch up! ;)
  • Jinkeys
    Options
    I too have read all of King's books, as well as Joe Hill's, who is also very similar. (King's son)
    He is in my top 5 favorite Authors of all time, so everything must be read the moment it hit's the store :)
  • featherbrained
    Options
    Lol, that's the way Steve is. And he's just recently discovered Joe Hill and is catching up there. He told me I might not like J.H., I enjoy horror, but not too scary? I know, I'm a wimp. I feel I've matured a lot though, Walking Dead is my very favorite tv show... prior to watching that, I'd never seen a zombie flick in my life.

I do have to frequently go outside in the woods after dark. If Steve makes me read King, then it's his fault if he has to come with me with a flashlight and a big stick! lol
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love King, Koontz, and Hill!

I've heard good things about Red Hill too, forgot the author!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    OK - I'm proposing Stephen King, Dean Koontz or "The Bean Trees"! Let me know what you all think and we can get started :happy:

ETA:

If we pick King or Koontz, someone has to pick a book, though!
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Since King and Koontz would probably be similar to Light of the World, let's go with The Bean Trees
  • featherbrained
    Options
    Sounds good to me, too. I've already found it on Kindle :) I have 1 chapter left in LOTW, will finish tonight!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Sounds good to me, too. I've already found it on Kindle :) I have 1 chapter left in LOTW, will finish tonight!

Sounds good. We can do a Stephen King or Koontz book next time! Downloading "The Bean Trees" soon!
  • Jinkeys
    Options
    I'm ready to start another book! :) what's next????
  • featherbrained
    Options
    Krystina said earlier that we'd pick another one after the holidays. I'm reading Deer Season... and I can't remember the author! It's good though. It's a murder mystery, and a nice quick read, I thought I'd squeeze it in before our next one ;)
  • featherbrained
    Options
    What about something by Koontz? I've never read him before. Someone suggest a title!
  • patsyacs
    Options
    The Moonlit Mind
    Sole Survivor
  • Jinkeys
    Options
    I vote for Sole Survivor for our group's purpose, as The Moonlit Mind is a short story. (I am going to read it on my own though) I am a huge fan of Koontz's Odd Thomas series, but have not been able to finish many of his other books, for one reason or another. Sole Survivor looks like a good read.
    ~Beth
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I vote for Sole Survivor for our group's purpose, as The Moonlit Mind is a short story. (I am going to read it on my own though) I am a huge fan of Koontz's Odd Thomas series, but have not been able to finish many of his other books, for one reason or another. Sole Survivor looks like a good read.
    ~Beth

Ive never read any Koontz before. This book looks really, really good and I would enjoy reading it!

Just want to add that I just finished "The Light Between Oceans" - suuuuuuuper good book!
  • Jinkeys
    Options
    I see that Snow flower and the Secret fan is on your 'to read' list. It was a good read, you should give it a go :) It's a nice quick read, if you are a fan of Lisa See's other work. I am getting Sole survivor today, sounds like that's where we're headed next!
    If we decide to read something else, that's ok too :)
  • featherbrained
    Options
    sounds good to me!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I see that Snow flower and the Secret fan is on your 'to read' list. It was a good read, you should give it a go :) It's a nice quick read, if you are a fan of Lisa See's other work. I am getting Sole survivor today, sounds like that's where we're headed next!
    If we decide to read something else, that's ok too :)

I've read a couple Lisa See books and I think she's great! I'll try to get to those books in the very near future! Right now I'm reading "The Painted Girls" by Cathy Marie Buchanan - it's about ballet dancers in Paris in the 1800s. Found it on GoodReads, which is why I LOVE that app - I'm always reading different things that I wouldn't have found myself.

On that note, it looks like Sole Survivor it is! With the holidays, I'll be starting the book on or just after the 1st but feel free to start whenever! I'll open up a new thread.
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    FRIENDS - It's time to pick a new book! Throw some ideas out there!
  • patsyacs
    Options
    I have several on my Kindle waiting on me. Death in the beginning by Gary Williams, Worth the weight by Mara Jacobs, Black Jasmine by Toby Neal all crime novels.
    Several that were suggested last month would be great.