codependent/depressed today

Options
loistryin
loistryin Posts: 70 Member
I feel like a failure today. I just saw some pictures from Thanksgiving today and i look awful..I feel awful.... Lord help me, and any MFP friends that feel the same way. This summer I lost weight using MFP, then when school started back up (I am a teacher) the weight came back on... I am tired and depressed....

Replies

• bluetulip4
    bluetulip4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can relate to feeling fat when seeing photos of my self to the point that I was avoiding being photographed. I then realised that wasn't fair on my kids to have not many photos of Mum so join in photographs which they enjoy looking at even though I feel so fat. What is MFP?
    The stress of an event can be so tiring that it leaves you feeling flat after. praying you start to feel better soon.
  • meko1975
    meko1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bless you...I totally understand. Everyday I look at myself and think "ewie...icky." I am a carb/sugar addict and I am struggling too. I have many medical things going on so being as active as I used to be is very difficult. Please know you are in my prayers.

Cheers! Melissa
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I chose to think positive...I need before pictures to truly appreciate the after ones in the near future! Just focus on how you will enjoy looking at those old photos and seeing how far you have come!
    MFP is the abbreviation for My fitness pal.
    I did a few things when I was teaching to help with weight loss: NEVER eat school lunches! :). Kiddos need plenty of calories and fat for their growing and active bodies that I did not need! I packed a lunch the night before so as not to have an excuse the next day. If kids gave me treats as a present I would share with other teachers instead of devouring all those sweets myself. I kept some healthier alternatives (like a snack bar) for when kids brought in cake and such for their birthdays.
    Also, keep a success diary. Write three successes each and every night. It doesn't even have to be weight or food related. But this is primarily a mental game and when I feel fat I eat more and do less. I need that extra kick at the end of the day that forced me to see that I wasn't a failure even if it was an off day.
    Best of luck and remember that you can do this!
  • MAJdansk
    MAJdansk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi...just joined this group today. Been reading Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" lately, and it dawned on me that I've had what she calls a "wilderness mentality"....and that the Lord has said to my heart..."You have dwelt long enough on this mountain" (Deut. 1:6)...Joyce says, "You may be facing situations that are so bad it seems you have no real reason to hope....but I say to you boldly, your future is not determined by your past or your present!" She tells us to get the new mindset of knowing that with God all things are possible. Reading this book with my weight/health issues in mind really makes me think about my responsibility in all of this...my "response to His ability". I pray for your changed mindset through His strength! Mine too (-:!
  • loistryin
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers....and MFP means My Fitness Pals :) Today, Jan 2 I do feel better even though I am not at a healthy weight. I am focusing on what is good in my life and what good choices I do make, and just praying for wisdom as to overcome obstacles to healthy weight loss...... Positive thinking and praying and support from friends helps sooooo much
  • loistryin
    Options
    Bless you...I totally understand. Everyday I look at myself and think "ewie...icky." I am a carb/sugar addict and I am struggling too. I have many medical things going on so being as active as I used to be is very difficult. Please know you are in my prayers.

Cheers! Melissa
  • loistryin
    Options
    Thank you for your prayers. I shall pray for you too.
  • loistryin
    Options
    Hi...just joined this group today. Been reading Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" lately, and it dawned on me that I've had what she calls a "wilderness mentality"....and that the Lord has said to my heart..."You have dwelt long enough on this mountain" (Deut. 1:6)...Joyce says, "You may be facing situations that are so bad it seems you have no real reason to hope....but I say to you boldly, your future is not determined by your past or your present!" She tells us to get the new mindset of knowing that with God all things are possible. Reading this book with my weight/health issues in mind really makes me think about my responsibility in all of this...my "response to His ability". I pray for your changed mindset through His strength! Mine too (-:!
  • loistryin
    Options
    I have that book and the study guide that goes with it. I love it, and appreciate the quote from the book. Ican do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I know he will give me wisdom as to handle my workaholism and codependency. Thanks for responding to my post.....it helps me a LOT
  • loistryin
    Options
    I chose to think positive...I need before pictures to truly appreciate the after ones in the near future! Just focus on how you will enjoy looking at those old photos and seeing how far you have come!
    MFP is the abbreviation for My fitness pal.
    I did a few things when I was teaching to help with weight loss: NEVER eat school lunches! :). Kiddos need plenty of calories and fat for their growing and active bodies that I did not need! I packed a lunch the night before so as not to have an excuse the next day. If kids gave me treats as a present I would share with other teachers instead of devouring all those sweets myself. I kept some healthier alternatives (like a snack bar) for when kids brought in cake and such for their birthdays.
    Also, keep a success diary. Write three successes each and every night. It doesn't even have to be weight or food related. But this is primarily a mental game and when I feel fat I eat more and do less. I need that extra kick at the end of the day that forced me to see that I wasn't a failure even if it was an off day.
    Best of luck and remember that you can do this!
  • loistryin
    Options
    Big thanks for your reply. I shall try to do all of what you wrote.... You inspire me with your success!!