How this Will Work...

Options
The week of Xmas, we'll create a topic where we can all list our starting point. Each Saturday after that, we will have a weekly check-in link where we record lbs lost or gained, total exercise minutes for the week and any other personal goal updates.
Whomever is first to check-in on any given Saturday can create the new thread.

Feel free to invite other supportive and motivated people to join.

Good luck everyone and we'll start chatting here before we know it - December is flying by!

-Jen

Replies

• takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen . . . YOU ROCK! I like the fitness addition to this one (150 min/week)! Terri
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to join in especially since my 32nd is in March and my youngest will be 3 on the 16th {almost had a St Pattys Day baby then her name would had to be an irish name like her sisters lol} but Im going to be going away from the 21st til the 28th or so driving long distances so I wont get much active for that week plus wont be able to log in til after that......Is that fine?
  • nystin
    nystin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am excited for this! I only have about 10 pounds to lose but a few extra pounds won't hurt! : ) WOOOO!! Let's GO WEIGHTLOSS.
  • tugten
    tugten Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen, this is great. Looking forward to continuing with this group.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Going to be logging later than everyone so hope that's not a problem =/ I shifted my days around and really am trying to focus on 1 day a week to pull out the scale, but that's Tues.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited for it! :)
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Hi I would love to join in especially since my 32nd is in March and my youngest will be 3 on the 16th {almost had a St Pattys Day baby then her name would had to be an irish name like her sisters lol} but Im going to be going away from the 21st til the 28th or so driving long distances so I wont get much active for that week plus wont be able to log in til after that......Is that fine?

Absolutely it is fine! No doubt we will all have some weirdness between Xmas and the New Year, but this is a supportive bunch and we will power through it! Welcome aboard!

-Jen
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group Jen. I'm looking forward to continuing our weight loss challenge together. Plus I'm really going to have to step it up and get into great shape before my sister's wedding in April.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. What I meant is Ill be able to log in and put my food in for the day but not traveling {dont got a smart phone} but plan on being active with the kids during that week though. And hoping to maintain my weight while being away but once I get back. Back to concentrating on my self
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I didn't come from the original group, but I'm looking forward to joining in for the second half :)
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members! You will find we are a pretty easy going bunch. No threats here that you will get kicked out of the group if you miss a log-in, go over your calorie goals, etc. We are just a supportive group of people who help each other stay motivated.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome, supportive group of people. I feel so lucky to have fallen in with you guys almost from the beginning of joining MFP! You inspire and keep me on track every single day.

New joiners, please send a friend request if you would like to! My news feed is what keeps me going some days!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Welcome to the new members! You will find we are a pretty easy going bunch. No threats here that you will get kicked out of the group if you miss a log-in, go over your calorie goals, etc. We are just a supportive group of people who help each other stay motivated.

Holy crap - are there groups like that?! I'm staying right here with all of you wonderful people. You have all kept me off gummy bears for a couple months now. Why go anywhere else? :)
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody :) I am new to this group, but have been looking specifically for a group with a goal for St Pattys Day because that's the day I started falling for my hubby(who's name is ironically Patrick lol) :P So it's kind of special to me. I want to lose about 10 lbs by then, which will put me at my ultimate goal weight. I will weigh myself and post tomorrow! (it was 9 lbs last week, but I have no doubts I may have gained a lb over the holidays) : )

I am excited to start this challenge with you all! xx
  • katrdr
    katrdr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone….I need to drop the 15 by St. Patty's because we have a newborn due date and I won't have time after that. I'm looking forward to the challenge and support.
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Welcome to you both!! I look forward to supporting each other.

-Jen