Fish Oil, Joint Formula etc.

Options
Hi everyone, I found since uping the distance of my runs my joints have been getting sore. I do stretch, use the roller etc and that helps heaps, but would any of you know if it would be worth taking some fish oil or joint formulas?:happy:

Replies

• sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I take osteo biflex triplex and think it helps -- but it could all be in my head :-)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't take any kind of supplements but I eat real fish once a week (wild caught fresh fish) and I have a pouch of tuna with lunch 4 times a week. I think if you can integrate a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables into your daily diet you should not need supplements.
  • mclovingirl86
    mclovingirl86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cool, thanks guys. Fish is pretty expensive over here so I don't really get to eat it more than once a couple weeks. I have been taking fish oil tablets too, but I'm not sure how much I should be taking. I take 3 tablets a day but I've heard that some runners do take more.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I took Chondroitin and Glucosamine for about 3 years and then stopped. I didn't notice any difference when I started taking it, nor did I notice any difference when I stopped.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I took the Glucosamine, Chondrotin, and MSM for a long time and it seemed to help. But when I stopped, I didn't notice anything. I just take some fish oil now and that seems to do more than any of that other stuff ever did.

I have arthritis in my knees so I have tried a lot of stuff looking for relief.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I took Chondroitin and Glucosamine for about 3 years and then stopped. I didn't notice any difference when I started taking it, nor did I notice any difference when I stopped.

I had the same experience and just quit taking it after one year.