The first quilt blocks

Options
Post your first quilt blocks here. Lets see what we can create, and how many blocks we can add each week.

Since I am just now starting with my weight loss, I have no blocks to show, but hope that I get to make a few next Saturday after my weigh-in.

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to quilting-and have only been on mfp for less than a week.
    This idea sounds great- a good fit for both.
    Now to choose a pattern...........
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    sounds fun! I love quilting and i'd love to see a square for each pound lost. I don't know how to post pictures but I do a lot of joann's quilt of the month quilts while im still learning.

Least it would be easy to see which square is which pound :)
  • trulyjoyouswoman
    trulyjoyouswoman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just signed up today and have over 100 pounds to lose, plus quilting materials sitting that I could make use of. I am excited about making a block for every pound lost, and seeing how a quilt develops out of that. My goal is to lose two pounds a week.:happy:
  • majorcanbreakfast
    majorcanbreakfast Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi - I was pretty excited to see such a group existed. I'm not really working on blocks right now; I'm making an appliqued tea cozy in the Baltimore Album quilt design for Christmas, and I have a ton of quilt tops to finish or to make into quilts. Not too many people quilt that I know, so I like the idea of a losing weight/quilting group, as I'm currently working on both! Now what I don't know is how to post pictures in groups - how does one do that?
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun. I don't know how to quilt but I'm in.
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the pictures! I have done a little (and I emphasis little) bit of quilting. I love small projects. This may be my newest motivator! Sounds like fun.
  • fletcher24
    Options
    I don't have a working scale right now. So I don't know how much I've lost. But I recently got a new sewing machine. This is such a great motivation to make a quilt and loose weight.
  • Alliwan
    Options
    This sounds fun. I don't know how to quilt but I'm in.

LOL I just started not long ago, but that's why I do the Quilt of the Month blocks, it gives you already cut pieces and step by step directions even I can follow. I save all those directions so I can make a quilt of my own using some of their patterns, as they also show you how to cut the pieces needed. I've got a few of their quilts in reserve, some with tulips and other flowers and ssome more block patterns, but I love the different patterns, and different colors and that even a dink like me can figure it out.
  • rosiesdaughter
    Options
    What a great idea! This just might keep me motivated to stay within my calorie range. Looking forward to seeing everyone lose and to see your quilting creations!
  • sandmama
    sandmama Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What a super neat idea!! Got some fabric sitting around that has been itching to make a quilt. I don't have much time with 4 kids at home so haven't quilted hardly at all the last 2 years. If I only have to do a few blocks at a time I think I can make that work. With how much I have to lose I can make an big one for my king bed! When I get a few finished in the next week or so I will post them. Not planning on doing anything fancy though. Hmmm...I have already lost 19, should I make blocks for what I have already lost too?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes-make for what you have already lost and then quilt can be your whole weight loss journey.
    But that is just my humble opinion-It's really up to you!
  • Alliwan
    Options
    I'd say yes-make for what you have already lost and then quilt can be your whole weight loss journey.
    But that is just my humble opinion-It's really up to you!

I agree! that means I get to make almost 11 bocks
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I :love: this idea. With all the weight I have to lose I should have a quilt big enough for my king size bed :bigsmile:

I'm in!
  • ohcma12
    Options
    Welcome all!!! I am really excited to see so many like-minded people.

I have about 60 pounds to lose, and that will make a few quilts. But I thought it would turn the struggle we go through every day to stay on program, to make ourselves exercise, into a positive and beautiful thing. It will also be a permanent reminder to never go "there" again.

Thank you for all for being so enthusiastic and supporting. I am looking forward to quilting with you.
  • trulyjoyouswoman
    trulyjoyouswoman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost nineteen pounds since my last weigh in. So I will work on getting some quilt blocks on and getting the pictures posted before I start the Spring semester.
  • simplecomforts3
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm happy to see that their is a quilting group. I love to quilt and have made many quilt tops. I like the idea of making a block for every pound I lose. Yesterday I made 2 blocks just to get started. Well I'm on my way to losing weight. I know its a long and hard road but I'm ready for the challenge.