New UK bloke looking for some support

Options
Hi everyone.

I've been toying with MFP for a month or so now (and other websites if I'm honest), and I've decided that MFP is the one for me. I'm a 37 year old guy with well over 100lbs to lose and I'm looking to do this through cycling, walking and possibly some strength training later in the new year.

I am starting tomorrow morning (Mon 16th) as I don't want to wait until the new year.

I'm looking for fellow UK friends to help keep me motivated and on track. Please feel free to send me a friend request. The more the merrier!

Best wishes

B_F

Replies

• mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi B_F,

Friend request on it's way!

Good luck!

Mabel
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow beardy weirdy and cyclist.....

There are some great stickies in the Eat Train Progress group on here - cannot recommend them highly enough if you want to avoid a whole load of pit-falls along the way.
    Here's a link - it really would be time well spent having a read.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

One of the pit-falls is putting off strength training until later in your weight loss. Carrying around an extra 100lbs means there's a good chance you have a decent amount of muscle, it's a damn sight easier to keep the muscle you have than it is to lose some and have to put it back on again.

Best of luck.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Friend request to follow. Happy to provide support. I've just reached my goal weight of 12st 7lbs after losing 40 odd lbs in total. Provided you track your eating, start moving around a lot more, find a few friends on here and log in regularly, you'll find the weight falls off you. This place (MFP) really works! I look forward to helping you on your journey. Good luck!
  • NovaStar82
    Options
    Nice choice in websites :)

FR sent!
  • EnglishGenie
    EnglishGenie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, I started today too!!! Bring it all on :)
    Kath
  • Chickcass
    Chickcass Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Request sent! If others want to add me feel free. I'm on here daily ????
  • TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Beardy,

Friend request sent
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am on here daily and always welcome more friends so anyone can add me if they want to:-)
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    ditto
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    FR request sent, always good to more friends for motivation :smile:
  • markbel83
    Options
    Request sent...anyone can add me
  • Thinspirational_Me