Sharing the news

Options
2»

Replies

• Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!

My boyfriend told his best friend over the weekend. He hasn't told anyone yet, so I was kind of excited to hear his friend's reaction. He was happy for us, of course. Yay! I can't wait to spill the beans to everyone. A few more weeks...
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm telling people as I see them, no facebook announcements or anything. I'm waiting for week 12 to say anything to my boss. I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to get sick at the office and have to tell her. Small office, not much privacy in the bathroom area:/
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    lol, I had to tell the principal of my daughter's school last Friday.

I am an on call substitute for the school and was working on Friday. I threw up in the kid's bathroom (after I was already off my shift, but obviously didnt make it home first.) The principal wanted to know why I agreed to take a shift when I was sick. I said "well, last I checked morning sickness isn't contagious." (No worries, I didnt say it with attitude and I know her well enough to know she would find it funny.)
    She made me promise I would tell her when I find out the sex.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    The cat is officially out of the bag! Whoohoo! :happy:
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    I'm telling my parents on Christmas with this:

pf1bPjol.jpg
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    What a cute idea! I My parents already know but I'm trying to think of a cute way to tell them the sex when we find out.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    Now that I've kept it a secret for so long, I don't really want to tell anyone! I kind of like that nobody knows I am pregnant. I'll be about 15 and a half weeks when I share the news with our families. I guess I won't be able to keep it a secret too much longer anyway. Nervous!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I told my Boss last week, so now work knows. I still haven't said anything on facebook/twitter/instagram. I plan on doing a simple picture on Christmas eve in a shirt my mom got me that says "Tis the Season To Be Pregnant" after the family that DOESN'T know see's me!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Ahhhh! I love it!!!! :happy:
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BBurg - that is such a great idea! I am sure your family and friends will love it!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! It's a really cute idea.. at first I HATED that i'd have to wait another 13 days to announce to everyone, but I only have 6 days left and it's not bad. I'll be so cute!
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    I'm telling my boss and my co-workers tomorrow before I go on Christmas break. And I am telling my parents and the dad's parents on Tuesday. Eep! So nervous!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Such cute ideas! Everyone knows now, which I'm fine with since I'm 4 months already. We've started planning a party in August for our 10 year wedding anniversary / baby's "christening" (muslim version). I had to send a save the date evite to out-of-state family members, so those that didn't know before, definitely know now :) So excited!!
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Has everyone shared their news now to friends, family, and co-workers?
  • Lady_Lamb
    Options
    We told absolutely everyone this past weekend. It felt good to let it out! Everyone is so happy. And this whole pregnancy thing is starting to feel more real now.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Yep, everybody knows for me! :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone knows now.