The new year challenge?

Options
vahine03
vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
Okay, so this isn't official. YET! I just wanted to put the idea out there. So PLEASE READ!

I really love the idea of group challenges that help you with short term goals. And I'd hate to go here and there joining groups and dropping MFP pals on the way. I would rather stick with the same group, people I've come to learn about and know, supporting them and seeing the changes they make on their journeys.

Anybody have some creative ideas for a new challenge to spice things up? Maybe little activities that we can dare each other to do by the end of each week?! Strictly clean! Nothing...ya know...THAT daring! Somethin' like...travelin' to FAR OFF PLACES, DARING SWORD FIGHTS, casting MAGIC SPELLS, and kissing A PRINCE IN DISGUISE!! (Does Disney ring a bell? lol)

But if I were to interpret that, it'd go something like this: Jog long distances, run through an obstacle course or really fence off with someone (have fun!), doing science experiments or make a short vine video of you (or me) doing impersonation of Hogwarts characters, and kissing a husband, boyfriend, or a really nice guy (who you've gotten permission from) in..a costume! Just listing a few...=D

Any other suggestions?

Lastly, who is interested? I want to know if this is something we should all plan for and have. lol I should have probably asked this first!

Sorry for my poor grammar! Please excuse me!

Replies

• mikeyo30
    Options
    Sounds fun. So you mean an Idea of a challenge for each week? How about you just list that everyone does like 20 push ups that week next week 20 sit ups and another week walk 1 mile. Just one challenge a week? Those are just examples. And I think the next goal on here should be lose 15 pounds by valintines day.
  • mikeyo30
    Options
    November 4: 227
    November 11 : 224
    November 18 : 223
    November 25 : 222
    Decmeber 2 : 221
    December 9 : 220
    December 16: 229
    December 23
    December 25 Goal weight 202

Had a bad week cold sick and no exersise christmas party and that is the result. no 25 by 25 for this guy.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Wow. I've forgotten all about valentines. haha That's what happens when I'm single..lol But yes, that's the idea.

I'm guessing the whole pic or video thing are a bit too much?
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I'd love to keep up with the group after the holidays. I like the idea of a weekly challenge. Maybe we can rotate weeks and each week a different poster can choose the challenge.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Yes. We can do that =D
  • GRUNO
    Options
    So, I was on an extended break over the holidays. But, is anyone still up for a weekly or monthly challenge?
  • vahine03
    Options
    Haha. I just got back on MFP today too. I really need straighten up. Im craving sweets almost all the time. It sucks. But I know once I get off my lazy butt and get back into an exercise routine again, I'll be able to keep my food intake intact. I'm up for it!!!! Can we get a head count?
  • GRUNO
    Options
    I hear you--spending two weeks in yoga pants did not help me moderate my intake. I was shocked when I had to wear real clothes to work! But! I've been back on the wagon since Monday--onward and upward--err, make that downward.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Definitely =) That's great for you! I'm not doing well but I'm making a difference with my food intake. Finally got some exercise in today. Although it was only 10 minutes, it was High intensity in intervals. It was Hard! But after the workout, I felt really energized and that I could do more. I didn't dare to though. Need to take things slow. =) I'll message Hotsouthernmess. Do you know if it's possible to message every member at once? I don't know how updated MFP is. =P
  • GRUNO
    Options
    No, sorry, I don't. I haven't used the message feature much and not at all since the new changes.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Sorry that I haven't been on for a while. But we are aiming for St. Patrick's. How's that sound?
  • GRUNO
    Options
    Sure, St. Patrick's day is good.