Non-Scale Victories

Options
Lately I have had a lot NSV! I have fit into clothes that I haven't worn in years and I am able to wear my heels with confidence and not feel like I might fall over at any second.

What are some of your latest and favorite non-scale victories?!

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs! I can't remember the last time I could do that.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    NSV - (both post op and prego NSV) "Wow you don't look pregnant at all!" Not bad for almost 6 months along. I am worried about gaining and having to lose weight again... it was a rough ride to get to my goal.

My fav NSV of all time - buying clothes without trying them on! LOL I know it sounds odd, but I dislike shopping and trying on clothes. Now i can shop in the Jr's or regular section and not bother to try stuff on. That is a real treat for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Took belt off and pants fell to the floor.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Last week, I flew for the first time in several years. This time, I didn't need a seat belt extender (so mortifying to have to ask for one), there was even extra room in the seat belt, and I actually fit in the seat!
  • kdruger
    Options
    I just moved from a size 2X to 1X and was able to wear a sweater that was too small this time last year but fits just right now.
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome you guys!!!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Surgery was 2.5 years ago, so I've had several. The latest one, just 3 days ago, was putting on a pair of dress pants my daughter gave me because she no longer wanted them and I always loved them. I wear an 18 and these are 16's but I just had to try and you know what's coming. :laugh: They fit! I haven't worn a 16 since high school 40 years ago! I will live on this NSV all the way through the holidays!!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My recent and greatest NSV, i'm 4 months post op, have lost 70 lb,s so for me it would have to be going from a 28/30 down to a 22 and from a 3x to a 2x. So happy.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    I live in a remote area and order a lot online. Last time I ordered clothes that would be too small, thinking I could wear baggy clothes for awhile, but they fit! Now they are baggy and I'm afraid if I order clothes too small again, they might be too big in a month. It's just so confusing; but in a really pleasant way. Do they have a smiley for dazed -amazed?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Being picky about clothing shopping!!! So many pretty things FIT!!! Such a huge selection. Instead of ending up with the only item that fit
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ran after my son in heels! Before I started losing weight I had to constantly think about my footing so that I would not lose my balance on my heels. I am a shoe fanatic and it will only get better1 I cant wait to wear more of my stilettos!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I ran after my son in heels! Before I started losing weight I had to constantly think about my footing so that I would not lose my balance on my heels. I am a shoe fanatic and it will only get better1 I cant wait to wear more of my stilettos!

BoysMomma! I bought a pair of ankle boots with real heels just last year for the first time in like 40 years! I love the feel of being able to wear heels, the hips swing a bit more, I almost strut! :laugh: And I love that feeling!!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Being able to jog up 2 flights of stairs at work wearing my computer backpack and not die.
    Someone's comment on Christmas, "What happened to your butt? Its GONE!"
    Tripping over my skirt because its sitting so low on my hips, (time for new clothes again)!
    Heels, yup.
    NOT buying two or more of the same thing in different colors because it hides the fat. Sooo many choices now!
    Skinny jeans\jeggings and tall boots
    Dating again and feeling good about it. It's been 3 years since my divorce. 20 since I dated.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! I don't think I have crossed my legs since 2nd grade. Yay you! Definitely something to look forward to!