New Years Resolutions 2014!

Options
Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering what are your new years resolutions for health and fitness?

Mine are

a) eat clean 80% of the time
b) develop a habit of working out every day with one day off. I want exercise to feel natural and good, rather than feeling like a chore.

Replies

• noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Blue...

I am with you. I would like to make exercise a habit that is about the only resolution that I have made, to make exercise a priority in my day.

Noir.
  • fedgal
    fedgal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To increase strength training
    Add toning exercise
    Resist Junk Food
    Cardio Exercise 35-40 minutes six days per week
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine are simple.

-To remain committed to fitness. I want to focus primarily on toning and shaping my body this year.
    -To lose the remaining 40 lbs to reach my goal weight.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Make myself happy. That includes working out to make myself feel better about me.
  • bluecrush84
    bluecrush84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi I_ashley,

That is a great resolution. I have been thinking of ways to change my mindset in my weight loss/health/fitness journey. It has been hard trying not to ONLY focus on being lean and being a certain size. Part of the reason I became over weight was that I was not really in-tune with myself or my needs rather I was just moving in life and not really appreciating the emotional needs I have.

Now I observe myself more and in the past and at times I slip and have a sugar and fast food binge, I just go on auto-pilot (and eat whatever I can) and don't stop to ask myself HALT (am I...Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired) I never stopped to assessed what I really needed. Instead I focused on getting rid of that feeling in my gut, so I went for whatever would satisfy my cravings. I have been slowing down more and finding ways to satisfy myself without the need of food.

I have been focusing on a what I call a 'Pamper Lifestyle', things I do that will ultimately make me feel good, younger, and happy….this is where I focus on things that are not food that make me feel good, such as music, getting a new book, going for a massage, yoga, working out, loose leaf tea, etc…basically things that make me feel good. I am still working on seeing exercise as a pampering moment to increase blood circulation, relieve stress, and make me feel good.

The more I have been having this mind set, I find that I enjoyed waking up in the morning for Yoga in my living room…not so much with cardio or strength training. If Yoga increased weight loss more than cardio and strength training, I would probably only do yoga, LOL, I love it.

great post.
  • bluecrush84
    bluecrush84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Noirnatural,

that is a great way to put "making exercise a priority.' My work schedule varies so I just workout whenever and sometimes I take days off here and there. I know if I prioritize it I could be more consistent.