Hair Loss

Options
Has anyone had a problem with hair loss, if so when did it stop falling out?

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I started losing my hair about three months after surgery. It got quite thin - and I have a lot of hair. I am five months out now and it has stopped recently. My doc said it typically last a couple months and then subsides. He suggested more protein and Biotin but nothing seemed to help. As I said, it has stopped now and I hope will grow back to its original fullness.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hair loss is normal and mine got really thin, but some of it has come back. I use Biotin and make sure that I get my protein every day. If you can't find Biotin there's also a product called Skin, Hair and Nails that I've heard is also good.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any hair loss since the surgery. Maybe because I had already lost 70lbs before the surgery? I do take biotin and hair vitamins and I make sure I get all my protein requirements in every day.
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every strand that I lose has me freaking out. I have not noticed any big loses yet but it is a big concern.
    I haven't had any hair loss since the surgery. Maybe because I had already lost 70lbs before the surgery? I do take biotin and hair vitamins and I make sure I get all my protein requirements in every day.

What kind of vitamins and biotin do you use?
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    this is the liquid biotin
    http://www.puritan.com/puritans-pride-brand-0102/liquid-biotin-3000-mcg-051290?scid=27732 (this is on sale right now 3/$7.29)

I forget the brand of hair vitamins, but it's a hair-skin-nail combo. This site has several and their prices are very good.
  • BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks you!!!
  • godsnurse1
    Options
    Costco just started selling a biotin 5000 that melts under tongue & it has a good strawberry flavor. I love them