Minecraft is out on the PS3

Options
Genem30
Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
In the "Things That Shouldn't Take This Long To Happen" column, Minecraft is out on the PS3 today, with PS4 and Vita versions coming next year. It looks like it's basically just a straight port of the XBox 360 version, so it will have a set world size (you'll hit artificial walls if you walk to far in one direction, unlike the PC version, which is afaik, limited only by your PC's ability to not explode once the world becomes too big).

Just like the 360 version, you have up to 4 player split screen local coop and you can go online and play with up to 8 people.

so if you've never played Minecraft and have a PS3, now's your chance to fall down the rabbit hole.

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The gaming apocalypse is upon us...
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I assume the PS3 version has the same drawback as the Xbox: you can't join a server with PC users. Hubby has a PS3, but wouldn't be able to play with me on my desktop.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I assume the PS3 version has the same drawback as the Xbox: you can't join a server with PC users. Hubby has a PS3, but wouldn't be able to play with me on my desktop.

Yeah, definitely not. It does have split screen tho, so if you have a good sized TV, it's pretty fun couch coop.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The kids here are loving it. Split screen coop is a winner. Can join worlds with remote friends.