About YOU!

Options
Tell us about you.

Replies

• itsedjusted
    Options
    Thanks for joining the group.

I'm a 45 year old guy. I lost 50 pounds on keto. I got into running and joined a gym and fell off the keto wagon. I think all the exercise makes me want the carbs I've put 15 pounds back on. But, some of it is muscle. Most of it's not. Anyways, I hate veggies. No Matter what I do, I can't get into a regular pattern of eating them. But, everyday this week, I grabbed the tall cup, filled it half full with a spinach kale mix, tossed in a couple heads of broccoli, some baby carrots and a handful of blueberries topped off with water and pulsed.

It doesn't taste great. But, its palatable and I've had more veggies this week than in the last 2 months.

I haven't read the instruction manual yet. I haven't looked for recipes yet. But, I'm finally eating my veggies.
  • meadowslight79
    meadowslight79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Nutribullet !!

I am 33 years old. Eat veggies pretty well but I wanted to try to see if I could get more in with all the fiber also. Thanks for getting a group going. I haven't yet taken the nutribullet out of the box yet :ohwell: I think it scares me but I will do it by Christmas.
    7771777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry all the time, and stress eat. Was just dx with fibromyalgia so getting proper exercise is difficult with pain a lot of the time.
    Doc just put me on hormones and not sure if it's them causing this never ending hunger or just the stress. I'm 52, female and at least 30 pounds overweight. I feel like a pig in a blanket.
    :ohwell:
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm Tatiana,

I'm here because I have had chronic fatigue for 2.5 years (not a CFS diagnosis, just chronic fatigue). I haven't been able to exercise much because it literally makes me ill and I have really chunked up in that time frame. I'd like to lose weight, but not feeling well makes it hard. Feeling better is why I thought I'd try smoothies (juice is too much of a production). My cholesterol has also doubled in the past year. To 400. Something is definitely up with me. Because that's not normal. Cholesterol creeps up, it shouldn't shoot up. Statins would lower my cholesterol, but there is something strange going in there that I'd like to resolve rather than mask.

I've I just bought a vitamix and am raring to go. I will not be smoothie/juice fasting. I've been there and done that--I feel awful. More power to the folks who can not eat. But I'm not one of those folks. My plan is to treat it like a whole food vitamin. As a supplement. For the last few evenings, I've made a ginger/berry sorbet concoction. That was delicious. And I had made a raw vegetable soup. Not so tasty. I was trying to go the low sugar route and have savory smoothies/soups rather than servings and servings of fruit. But I think that might have to be a taste I develop over time. And you've gotta start someplace. So I'm going to give the good old fruit+vegetable regular smoothies a try. (By the way, when I say smoothie, I don't mean 'shakes,' I simply mean I use a blender and keep the fiber rather than a juicer that dumps the fiber.)
  • Fladebbie
    Options
    I just purchased the Nutri Ninja because I have had such good luck with all the Ninja products I have bought. I just received it this afternoon and will be firing it up tomorrow. I have a juicer, two of them as a matter of fact, but found that I felt cheated by all the nutrients lost along with the fiber. Now I will be able to use the whole fruit/vegetables and with the price of fresh produce these days, I want all my moneys worth! It came with a book with some recipes but I have a couple of websites to check out too.