Any Ideas on a routine?

Options
Ossodog
Ossodog Posts: 13 Member
Around a year and a half ago I got a serious blood clot in my leg from traveling 3000+ miles without exiting the vehicle but for food and RR breaks. Not having health insurance I did not have the money to get it properly taken care of so I have been left with residual effects. This means that I have a spot of muscle damage on the backside of my thigh about 6-8 inches above the back of my knee. I was barely able to walk short distances without pain and could not lift much. It took about 7 months to heal but then it was reinsured when I lifted a trailer hitch to a truck for an elderly neighbor. Since then it has healed but I can always feel it "threatening" to reinjure itself when I try to do squats or such similar movements/motions. My husband wants me to build up some muscles to replace some of the lose skin that I am starting to/and will get. That being a great idea I was hoping someone with more knowledge on the issue could give me some tips/advice/direction. I don’t have a gym but I do have a set of adjustable dumbbells. I would also really like to strengthen my legs to the point I wont have to worry about reinjuring them. Maybe something slow paced for my lower body?

Replies

• mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Couple of things to try

Lunges - with dumbbells

Squats - Said your already doing them

Good Mornings - Will strengthen your upper legs and hips

Calf Raises - With dumbbells

Stair Walking - use your own stairs and add dumbbells to increase weight

You can check this website out for different workouts for your legs - pick a few that you enjoy and crack on.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html