GREEN TEAM-WEEK 10-Holidays

Options
tambam72
tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
Good Evening everyone. First let me say that I know everyone is running hectic and I understand it is that time of year. I think that we are going to have to get real creative to get our workouts in. I have been getting up at 5 am to fit some on mine in. This is my hectic time at work because I am preparing tax bills, which means I am on my feet all day, running, lugging, punching holes, stuffing, etc. My legs are so sore they feel like they are going to fall off. What isn't helping is that medication that I normally take for inflammation and to help with the arthritis, I can't take because of the surgery on Monday. Also today I had to make an emergency trip to a hospital an hour and half away from home because my mom's liver stopped functioning and we may not have here through the holidays. So I am emotional wreck, my eating habits are off and all I am praying for is someone to please give me the strength to get through all of this without back tracking too much. I am going to try and fit as much exercise in this weekend because I cannot exercise for five days after surgery. Please ladies give me strength!!
Anyway sorry for rambling..here is this week's challenge. Please post in here and on the MAIN post.

Our challenge this week is also going to be a muscle endurance one, involving three different muscle
groups. Arms, legs, and core. You simply get in each position and hold it for as long as possible and then you are done. If you can do any of these for 92 minutes I will be seriously impressed. Tip: do these while watching TV as it might distract you and help you hold on longer, especially if you are watching something inspiring - like last ngiht BL eposide :)

The three endurance tests:
Legs - wall sit
Arms - arm extension
Core - Plank

Wall sit - put your back against a wall for support and your feet out in front of you. "Sit" down as if you were in an invisible chair. Butt and back against the wall, upper legs parallel to the floor. Make sure you are sitting down to get a good burn! Start timing

Arm Extension - Calculate 20% of your body weight (ie, 30 lbs for a 150 lb person). Grab weights of this amount, hold in your hands and bring your arms up perpendicular to your body at chest level. Hold in this position and time. If you dont have weights or cant lift 20% of your weight, go for a lesser amount, but this exercise should be done holding some weight of some type

Plank - Lay face down on the floor, resting on your forearms under your chest, parallel to the body. Push your body up off the floor so that body weight is supported by the forearms and toes. Tighten your core and make sure your back is straight, that way you are being held up by your core (back and abs) and not just by pusing on your arms. Start timing

Im really curious to know how long people can do all of these so please let us know!
Have a great night!!

Tammie
(your emotionally wrecked coach)

Replies

• jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tammie,

Wow you have a lot going on these days! Thinking and praying for you and your mom - could you give us an update?

Joy
  • tambam72
    Options
    Tammie,

Wow you have a lot going on these days! Thinking and praying for you and your mom - could you give us an update?

Joy
    Thanks Joy. My mom is on the final leg if her journey. She has no liver function and the only thing that is keeping her heart going is a pacemaker/defib. She cannot walk and has told my oldest sister that she is ready to die. We had to make a decision on whether or not to put her on the liver transplant list and at her request we have declined. The took a gallon of fluid off her stomach yesterday . She weighed going into the hospital 142lbs after the fluid removal 118. It is only a band aid and it will come back but at least for now she gets some relief, We are taking these final days to all make peace and put the past behind us. They are going to make her comfortable. So I may be a roller coaster emotionally over the next few weeks, but I will keep pressing forward because that is what she would want me to do. To not give up and keep her memory going.
    Thanks for asking. Have a great night.

Tammie
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow what a week I have had. Work has been my workout and with as much running back and forth that I've been doing and how exhausted I am. I am surprised that I have even got up the next day. I saw the doctor earlier this week and we agreed i would take the week off minus the challenge I am doing tonight. My body was showing signs of stress and a plummeting immune system. I started to have a 101 fever today. So I came home a little early to rest. Two more crazy days left at work. I'll post my Challenege times by tomorrow morning or at least after my nap. I do hope you all are well. After Christmas I'll be back to posting regularly.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Wow what a week I have had. Work has been my workout and with as much running back and forth that I've been doing and how exhausted I am. I am surprised that I have even got up the next day. I saw the doctor earlier this week and we agreed i would take the week off minus the challenge I am doing tonight. My body was showing signs of stress and a plummeting immune system. I started to have a 101 fever today. So I came home a little early to rest. Two more crazy days left at work. I'll post my Challenege times by tomorrow morning or at least after my nap. I do hope you all are well. After Christmas I'll be back to posting regularly.
    You are doing awesome and if your body is failing, then it is definitely time for a break. We are all in this to get healthy, not break ourselves down. Have a great holiday!!

Tammie
    (Your blessed coach)
  • tambam72
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies:
    I got the challenge yesterday after shoveling snow/ice for 2 1/2 hours and biking 20 miles in an hour on my stationary bike. I think I maybe should have started with the challenge first, but here are my stats:
    Wall sit w/30 lbs.- 6 minutes
    Arms outstretched w/30 lbs-5 minutes
    Plank- 3 minutes
    Yup I pretty much sucked on the challenge, but believe me when I say I got a great workout with shoveling. Thank you North Country Ice Storm of 2013!!
    I had my colonoscopy today and no signs of cancer. WOO HOO..my Christmas wish came true or at least one of them. Now to get through one more test and the sonic boom to get rid of the kidney stone on January 14th and the New Year will look bright. Hope everyone is doing well. Be good to yourselves and only splurge a little, so we don't regret it later. Funny we lost our biggest percentage during Thanksgiving week, maybe we can do it again. Please do not forget to weigh in and give me any challenge info. Hope everyone has a great holiday season!!

Tammie
    (Your blessed coach or at least so far)
  • jfea
    jfea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tammie,

So you have had some highs and lows this week - good news for you, tough decisions about your mom. We had to decide a similar thing for my mom about 2 years ago and when she passed away, it was both sad and happy (that she didn't have to suffer so terribly anymore). Doesn't change how difficult these things are and so stressful.

I have had a rough week - didn't do the challenge unless you count frantically shopping, wrapping and decorating. We finally put up the Christmas tree tonight. We usually put the tree up the 2nd week of December. So just a little behind. I have forgone making any Christmas cookies - much to the dismay of the family but we are all going to be better for it!

Wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Thanks each of you for bringing a little encouragement into my life each week!!

Joy
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Challenege done:

Legs - wall sit w/ 50 lb flour bags = 6 minutes 38 seconds
    Arms - arm extension with 50 lb flour bags = 1 minute 12 seconds
    Core - Plank = 16 seconds

Planks and me dont agree they hurt my arms so very bad. Its awful. Didnt have enough weights to do 47.8 lbs so i toom two 25 lb flour bags and figured they made a great substitution.

My weight this week is 239.2 a slow lost but ill take it.

Hoping to get a 9 mile run in on christmas day and so happy that after 9 days straight of working i only work 8-2 tomorrow :D

Next week i go back to a normal schedule, two days off back to back for the first time in two years and start the 20 weeks left count down til my first marathon.
  • tambam72
    Options
    Tammie,

So you have had some highs and lows this week - good news for you, tough decisions about your mom. We had to decide a similar thing for my mom about 2 years ago and when she passed away, it was both sad and happy (that she didn't have to suffer so terribly anymore). Doesn't change how difficult these things are and so stressful.

I have had a rough week - didn't do the challenge unless you count frantically shopping, wrapping and decorating. We finally put up the Christmas tree tonight. We usually put the tree up the 2nd week of December. So just a little behind. I have forgone making any Christmas cookies - much to the dismay of the family but we are all going to be better for it!

Wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Thanks each of you for bringing a little encouragement into my life each week!!

Joy
    Yes it has been a roller coaster week. Mom came home from the hospital last night and we hope will make it through the holidays. We have decided at her request that we will not be putting her on the liver transplant list, but just enjoy with her whatever time is left.
    Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!!

Tammie
  • tambam72
    Options
    Challenege done:

Legs - wall sit w/ 50 lb flour bags = 6 minutes 38 seconds
    Arms - arm extension with 50 lb flour bags = 1 minute 12 seconds
    Core - Plank = 16 seconds

Planks and me dont agree they hurt my arms so very bad. Its awful. Didnt have enough weights to do 47.8 lbs so i toom two 25 lb flour bags and figured they made a great substitution.

My weight this week is 239.2 a slow lost but ill take it.

Hoping to get a 9 mile run in on christmas day and so happy that after 9 days straight of working i only work 8-2 tomorrow :D

Next week i go back to a normal schedule, two days off back to back for the first time in two years and start the 20 weeks left count down til my first marathon.
    Great job on the challenge. Glad u are going to get a little down time. Have a great Christmas!! Can't wait until we can all get back on track!!

Tammie