Woodlands in tha house!!

Options
I am a 26 year old male underwear model, professional chef and masseuse looking to finally push through that tough, last 4th upper row of abs in 2014...OK, OK, I am a fat *kitten*, aging, suburban double chin king watching my life go by and the pounds pile on... sorry ladies! :-)

Hoping to find some people to ride this journey with in 2014... below is my post from my other group that pretty much sums it all up:

"I (re)started this Saturday... I was getting out of control with my unhealthy eating... I was thinking I would just have fun for the rest of the year and pig out as I wished... and I sure did!... well, last week I went to bed after a huge Mexican dinner (accompanied by drinks of course), and my head was pounding, my gut was bloated, I felt disgusted... I could almost feel grease flowing through my veins... ugh... it was Friday the 13th... 2013. I thought I might have a stroke or something (I am on Lipitor and blood pressure meds, and I am only 43!). I have a wonderful family and I want to grow old for my kids! I said "enough".

The next morning I weighed 275... my all-time record. Two. Freaking. Seventy. Freaking. Five. :-o I know some of it is water weight, etc, but man, those numbers were staring me in the face...well, actually, I had to get my belly out of the way to see them ;).

I look forward to starting the journey in 2014 with all of you. I just literally couldn't wait.

Alex"

Replies

• jtogden
    jtogden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey man...yeah, I hit the 275 mark a while back (a few years ago). When I (re)started on August 20th of this year, I was at 250.2. Four months later, December 20th, (today!) I hit 220.2 for exactly 30 pounds lost in four months. How did I do it?

First thing I would say is, get on MFP and set your goals to losing 2 pounds per week, if possible. At your weight and age, it should put you somewhere around 1500 - 1600 calories, which should be doable. Then, find something that works for you, exercise-wise. I don't have a lot of time (like most folks), so I started with Jillian's 30 day-shred. You can find the first level on Youtube for free if you want to get started now. That is only 22 minutes per week-day for 6 weeks. You can get up a little early and do it, or try and knock it out right when you get home from work. 22 minutes is nothing. Then, I started T25. That's only 25 minutes per day, and I'm on Week 4 of the Beta circuit. Really, it doesn't matter what you do for exercise as long as you change your schedule to a manageable, fun/engaging, and sustainable routine.

I also get up every morning, weigh myself, and put it on weightgrapher.com. That way, over time, I can see the trend of my weight...as long as I'm under the blue line, I'm losing, and I know if I pop over it, I need to buckle down and get back to counting my calories correctly (i.e. not cheating). I have had many setbacks and my chart looks more like a roller coaster than I would like it to, but this time, I've been able to keep it going because it's a routine. I'm not dieting. I'm not exercising, I'm changing my life and making time for the things that are important to me...health, weight-management, and self-control. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to track calories and weigh myself every morning for the rest of my life. Which is fine...it has taken a while, but I'm on a path to success because of the routine aspect.

Feel free to add me as a friend and you can check out my diary and lean on me for support if you need it. I live on the Westside of Houston, so I'm not too far away. Good luck...you can definitely do it.
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and congrats on your weight loss so far!!!!! Happy 2014!
  • jtogden
    jtogden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy 2014 to you! I was a bit reckless with my holiday calories, but back on it starting today! Let's get it done this year!