Trigun

Options
adamtall
adamtall Posts: 275 Member
What are your oppinions on it?

i love it its one of my favorites maybe because me and my brother are very similar to vash and knives. ive always concidered myself a good person and my brother while not bad sometimes misguided.

my favorite character has to bed wolfwood though because hes the gruff guy who has a great heart but cant always see more than just the black and white option for each sitituation like Vash can

Replies

• scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I loved Trigun and was sad when it ended. :(

I'd have to agree with Wolfwood as well, he was awesome!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Loved it when it first came on. During that time it was end of High School and Anime was still good before all the rehashes. I might have to see if I can netflix it on the next rainy day.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    what did you like most or disliked most about it?

i think the best thing about the whole series was the ideology of vash not wanting to hurt others and that he always seems to find away to help people without hurting the others who are the "bad" guys
  • Coffeegirl101
    Options
    I loved Trigun the first time I saw it. The humor is great. I'd have to say my favorite character was actually Milly. I loved the absent minded, good nature side she always had. Course the massive weapon that she slung around didn't hurt any either :love: And the romance between her and Wormwood made me melt. :sad:
    All in all an awesome anime.

22055217.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Coffeegirl101
    Options
    They need an edit tool on this site :P I meant Wolfwood.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Back when I watched it, I remember liking Trigun at first for the slapstick-style comedy, but appreciating the second season better for its darker focus on philosophical values. It wasn't the deepest thing in the world, admittedly, but Vash's later struggles to stay nonlethal are quite interesting. It was one of the things that really got me thinking about my own strict values at the time.

As for characters... hehe, who doesn't love Wolfwood? :p
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Back when I watched it, I remember liking Trigun at first for the slapstick-style comedy, but appreciating the second season better for its darker focus on philosophical values. It wasn't the deepest thing in the world, admittedly, but Vash's later struggles to stay nonlethal are quite interesting. It was one of the things that really got me thinking about my own strict values at the time.

As for characters... hehe, who doesn't love Wolfwood? :p

WAIT!! There's a second season?! OMG!! Netflix probably doesn't have it, either... :grumble:

I was actually just texting my friend saying that she should watch this series. It's like you read my mind! But, anyway, I'm suggesting it to her because she is EXACTLY like Vash. That may have contributed to him being my favorite character, to be honest.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options

WAIT!! There's a second season?! OMG!! Netflix probably doesn't have it, either... :grumble:
    Err, second season as in "the second set of 13 episodes." Anime is really confusing like that... depending on the context, a "season" is a measure of roughly 13 episodes (the 2012 Spring Season is currently airing), or a run of about 20-40 episodes (say, Bleach), or an entire freaking sequel. If there is a standard definition, I don't know it. :/

But anyway... if you have 26 episodes, that's all of the Trigun series. :p
    (except the recent Badlands Rumble movie)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Err, second season as in "the second set of 13 episodes." Anime is really confusing like that... depending on the context, a "season" is a measure of roughly 13 episodes (the 2012 Spring Season is currently airing), or a run of about 20-40 episodes (say, Bleach), or an entire freaking sequel. If there is a standard definition, I don't know it. :/

But anyway... if you have 26 episodes, that's all of the Trigun series. :p
    (except the recent Badlands Rumble movie)

*kicks rock* never mind...
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Trigun was my first "adult" anime and I adore it to this day. I don't have a preference between the Japanese or English languages even though I grew up on the English on Adult Swim.

I found out via Trigun Maximum that a lot of story was left out from the 26 episode anime, but I still love the universe and the characters.