Help! Shake Recipes?

Options
Hey,

If anyone could help me with a few milkshake recipes I'd be very grateful. I've seen a few with the sugar free syrups..they look delicious! But I think I may need a bit of a variety so I don't go crazy! Also does anyone know of any good recipe books for post-surgery diets?

Replies

• SOCALGIRLY38
    SOCALGIRLY38 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am still in my 2 week full liquid post op diet. Some things I use to help break the monotony - Sugar free syrups. I like Da Vinci and I ordered my initial couple through Amazon to try them, when I found the ones I liked I ordereI direct with the company (they have maximum selection). I knew protein shakes would probably be a consistent part of my routine going forward, so didn't mind spending the money.

Also, Fage plain 0% fat greeek yogurt, can change up the flavor - adds a bit of tang I find appealing. Lastly, I love PB2 - if you like peanut butter you will love this. This was recomended by my support group. It is low calorie - high in protein and fabulous to mix with plain yogurt, etc. 45 calories for 2 TBSP. - check my food diary and you will see full nutrition aspects... This is sold in Krogers in the healthy - organic food section. It was on the dried shelf pantry across from the soups, etc. You will have to look a bit, but maybe call your store first? They also make a Peanut Butter Chocoloate one that I like also, same nutrition facts.

Good luck, I know this can be monotonous! Sleeved 12-12-2013
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Theworldaccordingtoeggface.com is an invaluable resource of recipes. There is an entire section of shake recipes.