December

Options
cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
Well I figured I'd do like someone in my other TF group was doing: just put up a thread for this month for check-ins!

Well here's mine today. It's from my blog, but who really is following that? lol!

Day 8 Turbo Fire 45 + Stretch 10

I've got to get more sleep. I'm not tired right now, but I realized after 6 hours of sleep and accidentally under-eating and eating all the wrong foods at that on the weekend, I have no fuel to fire up my cardio training. I got up with the words "you won't regret the workout" in my head, so I got up, slowly, but I got up. My mood was flat this morning and I phoned it in, until the section "Boom I got your boyfriend." I roll my eyes to that song almost every time, it's so hoaky, I don't know what others like it, but that session was fun lol.

The stretch was good, I can tell that my hip joints are tendons are opening up more. I felt like the tin man for a while there.

Well, short workweek or not, I've got cooking to do to at least eat well for lunch. I've got a real craving for carbs right now; buttered noodles or a roll with butter - obviously something with butter, so it looks like I'll be getting something like that today.

Well, I've got to hit it! Later Ladies!

Replies

• cklowery36
    Options
    For me it's Turbo Fire Day 9: HIIT 20 + Stretch 10

I had to get up to bake cookies for Christmas Eve. I had one...it was a test cookie. lol.

I had just enough time this morning to get in HIIT 20, but Stretch 10 will be tonight. Not a problem since I'll be cleaning the apartment tonight anyway. It'll be a good way to end the day. I'm hosting Christmas so there will be a big breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes with syrup and grits with butter and if I can swing it, mimosas. I think a salad for Christmas dinner will be on the menu lol!

Keep working on it folks!
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 14: Fire 45 + Stretch 10

I spent 1 rest day and 3 active days not doing anything. I'm not upset and I won't kick myself about it. I've done my grocery shopping for food this week and I've got prep to do and I just finished my workout so I'm on a good start to my week already.

I was having a bit of discomfort in my chest on one side - nothing bad, just an irritation of the nerves that was a problem about 2 years ago. I learned my lesson last time: no jumping! If I feel I need to stay low impact now, I do! I was able to finish the both workouts without discomfort and still maintain an effective level of intensity.

Well tomorrow's workout? Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10.

Hope you had a happy holiday!
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 16: Fire 45EZ + Stretch 10

I'm a little blah all of a sudden. The nerve irritation on my left side started to get a bit active. The feelings I felt two years ago before going to the hospital were in my head. I was reliving the fears of not being able to workout again. I've been scared that this would happen again. I stopped working out at the 30 minute mark. The stretch will have to come tonight.

I know there's saying. Those who want to find a way, those who don't find an excuse. However, there is a crossroad everyone comes to where one must ask if it's worth it. My mind has been asking me "what are you doing here?" I've been doing this so much off and on that I'm wondering if any of my efforts are worth it. I've never been consistent in fitness or nutrition. All I could do through my year during the divorce was maintain which was a miracle by itself. I honestly don't see myself making any changes for the better. I can't see the weight loss, inch loss, nothing. Today, there's no fire anymore.

I could use a bit of a push. Until then I'll mellow out and focus on good food.

Tomorrow HIIT 25 + Stretch 10
  • 6ladybugs
    6ladybugs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you still out there? ;-)
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Hey 6! Sorry about the interruption there. I'm still here! I'm going to add a new thread for January. Hopefully some will get the 2014 bug and join in! :)