Team Yellow Week 10 !!

Options
Pfil
Pfil Posts: 73 Member
We got all the questions(except potentially the Crohn's question) right last week! There are only three of us left it seems. I reached out to KateK8LoseW8 but without any response. :/

That being said, I'm in for the long haul. I'm only losing weight at the rate of 1 lb per week now (so close to goal!!) so I'm not much use to win but that isn't what it is about for me.

Our challenge this week is a physical endurance one. Once you complete it, check in here with your times!
The three endurance tests:
Legs - wall sit
Arms - arm extension
Core - Plank

Wall sit - put your back against a wall for support and your feet out in front of you. "Sit" down as if you were in an invisible chair. Butt and back against the wall, upper legs parallel to the floor. Make sure you are sitting down to get a good burn! Start timing

Arm Extension - Calculate 20% of your body weight (ie, 30 lbs for a 150 lb person). Grab weights of this amount, hold in your hands and bring your arms up perpendicular to your body at chest level. Hold in this position and time. If you dont have weights or cant lift 20% of your weight, go for a lesser amount, but this exercise should be done holding some weight of some type

Plank - Lay face down on the floor, resting on your forearms under your chest, parallel to the body. Push your body up off the floor so that body weight is supported by the forearms and toes. Tighten your core and make sure your back is straight, that way you are being held up by your core (back and abs) and not just by pushing on your arms. Start timing

Replies

• gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to get back to normal but I am in it for the long haul also. I don't care about winning .... I win every time I get closer to my goal...

I am looking forward to the challenge this week, I'll keep you guys posted!
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    And thanks for keeping our team going!
  • Pfil
    Options
    I am still trying to get back to normal but I am in it for the long haul also. I don't care about winning .... I win every time I get closer to my goal...

I am looking forward to the challenge this week, I'll keep you guys posted!

That's such a great attitude and something that keeps me going too. A little bit every week is better than nothing at all! I've been keeping you in my thoughts and I hope that you're getting through these tough days alright. <3
  • Pfil
    Options
    So I tried the endurance challenge today - woah was it rough. I am a complete weakling when it comes to holding weight for any length of time though. I managed to wall sit for 60 seconds but the last 15 I was thinking "hold out for 60, hold out for 60, you can do one full minute you wuss!" hahah. I also managed to plank for 60 seconds thinking a very similar thing. :) For the arm extensions, I used two ten pound weights and 20lbs isn't 15% of my weight but I made it a whopping 28 seconds before utterly failing.
    How did you guys do?

If I don't get a chance to hop on a laptop (for whatever reason, my tablet doesn't let me comment on the site) I hope you two have a lovely Christmas and that you eat delicious food guilt-free with your friends and family, safe in the knowledge that one day doesn't stop us from meeting our long term goals. :)
  • Pfil
    Options
    Oh! And please don't forget to either PM me your weight or log in to the yellow team spreadsheet and add your weight and challenge info. It is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupZ8kDMiwo-dHB4cWcyemNMb2VXLXNDb3QzTGltSGc&usp=sharing
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    Thanks pfil.

I am beating myself up for backsliding. I am motivated by the new year and fresh start it brings.

I think the "drained" feeling is getting better each day. Christmas is going to be hard, I'll be with her kids and I am going to do whatever I can to make them feel loved and taken care of. I can't imagine how painful it will be for them to spend Christmas without their mom. When my daughter saw Santa last week she asked for her auntie back. Heartbreaking.

Thanks for the prayers. I am going to keep on pushing forward.
  • SkinnyNSweet822
    SkinnyNSweet822 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! I backslid big time this week, but i'm still in it for the long haul as well! Gtd your last post breaks my heart as well :( sending up more prayers for them & the rest of your family & all of her loved ones. I woke up sad this morning thinking about the ones we all have lost so close to this holiday. I just hate it, but i'm wishing you all the best holiday season possible under the circumstances! I'm so proud to be in the final 3 with you ladies! Like you said it's not about winning, it's about progress & from the looks of our chart, we all have come far! Congratulations & Merry Christmas to you two! Best wishes with the upcoming week! xoxo:heart::flowerforyou:
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    I am back to logging and I got my fitbit all set up. I have a goal to lose 16 pounds by 2/21/13. It is my birthday weekend and we have plans for a weekend getaway. I am motivated and trying to move forward. Look out 2014!!
  • Pfil
    Options
    Hey guys! Tomorrow is my last day off from work but I've been enjoying my little bit of time off and eating and drinking like crazy. I didn't lose anything this week (up a little, but that's nothing to worry about) but I enjoyed the heck out of it! I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my usual eating routine which always gets thrown off if I'm not at work.

I had an awesome NSV this past weekend though. I had to go shopping for a cocktail dress for my company holiday party which is in a couple weeks. Last year when I tried to find something cute that would fit my overly ample frame, I ended up settling for a black skirt and fancy red sweater as every dress looked terrible. This year, I had several to choose from and ended up choosing a super cute (and a little sexy) bright fuchsia dress. I'm really looking forward to wearing it! And just wait until next year when I'm even more fit!

I hope you both have a wonderful time ringing in the new year and I look forward to continuing this journey together in 2014.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to be weighing in this week but I recommend updating the spreadsheet or PMing me if you have any issues so I can update it for you.
  • SkinnyNSweet822
    SkinnyNSweet822 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Team!!! Cheers to us Lean Queens of 2014!!! :drinker: GTD: Congrats on jumping back on the wagon!! Good luck with your birthday goal weight!!! You can do it!!! :bigsmile: & Pfil: Congrats on that NSV!!! That is really awesome! I love fuchsia so i'm sure you looked & felt smokin in that! :smokin: I'm proud of you ladies for ringing the new year in right, excited about getting on track. I am so with you Pfil on my diet being out of whack. I'm visiting family for almost 2 weeks & my body is like can we please have our old diet back? :sad: I started “juicing” & making smoothies the other day & feel MUCH better & scheduled for the 6th, 1 of MFPs started a challenge on Facebook where we are to eat clean for 14 days, so i'm sure my body will be appreciative or fight back like it's going through detox!
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    Congrats on the nsv pfil! You guys are such great supporters :)
  • Pfil
    Options
    Well Ladies, I have no idea what is going on with the challenge but that's okay. I started lifting weights this week - I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 in my living room with the power rack I built over xmas break. So far I've only done two workouts but it is really fun and hard! My legs wanted to fall off and die on Monday. :)
    I know that my weight isn't going to change very quickly with this kind of work out so I took before photos and measurements so I could track my journey without getting frustrated at the lack of data!
    My goal right now is to get strong (hopefully helping out my annoying carpal tunnel syndrome) and burn fat so that the muscles underneath show through.
    How have you guys been? Skinny, how's the clean eating been going? I couldn't do it - I don't eat much crap but I make individual sized pizzas in bulk and freeze them so I can pull them out and enjoy them when I'm busy or craving pizza. Which is kind of often! I doubt that would be considered clean by many people. :) Same with deep fried food which my diary is peppered with!
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    I'm glad you are enjoying the weight lifting. I enjoyed the weights part of 30 D's more than the cardio. I have been walking on the treadmill this week. The fitbit is motivating me to get more steps in. I have been staying within or really close to my daily calorie goal this week.... hopefully it will show on the scale Monday!

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Pfil
    Options
    Don't you love the fitbit!?? It really helped me so much with both adjusting calorie goals and motivating me to walk a few more steps. The couple of times I have forgotten it when leaving the house (literally twice in 6months) I was so annoyed every time I took a step I was like "BUT THIS DOESN'T COUNT! hahah.

And I am loving the weight lifting. Yesterday I squatted 55 lbs, benched 50 lbs and did 50 lb pendlay rows. I am not nearly so sore as I was at the beginning of the week so even though I'm adding weight each work out I guess my muscles are getting used to the movement.

I hope you both have a lovely weekend!