Last minute things

Options
mrs_n0rris
mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
Hello ladies! We are quickly approaching our season of birth giving (if you want to call it that). Is there anything left that you'd like to fit in before baby comes? For me there's a lot of house work-y stuff like organinzing lil Miss' room better, etc. But what about fun/other things? It's beginning to dawn on me that these are the last days my husband and I will ever spend as a family of two. Suddenly sleeping in on Sunday mornings and going out together without having to gather gear and baby seems sort of precious. Anyone else feeling this way? Is anyone doing something special pre-baby to celebrate the last days of this status quo (whether or not you already have kids)?

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I need to get out all my newborn clothing, sort it and wash it and work out what I'm missing. Need to set up the nursery and buy a dresser for the baby's clothes. Need to buy a toddler seat for the pushchair. Need to buy nappies and other newborn goodies. Need to pack my bag for the hospital.

Hmm. Maybe I'm not as organised as I thought I was. I've got six weeks to go but really should be fully organised a month out just in case she decides to come early. Let's get Christmas out of the way first though.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Ummm...I have 4 1/2 weeks to go and pretty much need to do EVERYTHING! Eek...LOL!
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Well I have a little less than 10 weeks before I am induced and so far we have already set up the nursery, bought diapers and wipes, and bought all other new baby stuff. It helped because we had most of the stuff from our first baby :) still need to buy a double stroller and make sure dog gets to the groomer by beginning of February. Car seats are already installed in both cars as well. I fully intend on getting a prenatal massage once a week a month from getting induced to help me relax, as well as pampering myself with pedicures and facials :)
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mehgan--a weekly massage sounds fabulous!

I'm much closer to being as 'ready' as you are though Manda :)

We're doing cloth diapers and I finally ordered some yesterday. I also cut the fabric out for reusable wipes so they just need to be sewn up. That being said, this is our first so we'll see how all this cloth/washing really goes. I still need to wash all of the lovely new outfits for our little girl but my washer broke and won't be fixed until Monday at the earliest. (These things always happen at the worst times, eh?)

We don't have a crib yet, my MIL is buying us one but isn't bringing it until she comes to visit when the baby is born. We do have a bassinet though so I'm not too worried. My step-dad is making baby O's dresser but it's not done either so I've managed to stuff all her stuff in the closet for now. We have a car seat but it's not installed yet...lol I guess we're half-way done on a lot of things!

Not too many 'special' plans yet with my husband although I would like to do something before baby O comes. Truthfully I've been feeling off for the last couple of days (Christmas treats hang over perhaps??) and it feels like all my energy is going towards thinking about baby stuff.