Do you have a "Type"??

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
First off, Merry Christmas ( if you celebrate!).

Second, do you find that you are usually attracted to the same kind of person, over and over again? Mainly, I'm asking about looks, but it can be personality too.

For example, are you almost always attracted to the woman with long brown hair and brown eyes????

Thanks!

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yep usually attracted to tall kinda skinny guys with short dark hair guys and bigger ears and nose (but that fit their faces).
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yes - dark hair (or salt n pepper now!!), light eyes and very chatty and witty :bigsmile:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I tend to gravitate towards Caucasians...it's my thing. I haven't been with someone of "my kind" in ages!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today. I have a type I am attracted to, but they aren't the ones that are attracted to me. So if you looked at the guys I've dated in the past they all look very different and none would be what I consider "my type" if I were to describe who I'd like to date.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today. I have a type I am attracted to, but they aren't the ones that are attracted to me. So if you looked at the guys I've dated in the past they all look very different and none would be what I consider "my type" if I were to describe who I'd like to date.

This is true for me as well when I am at my heaviest, when I was at my skinniest I attracted the type I am attracted too since I am attracted to more active people and they tend to be attracted to similar.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the plain Jane type. I know most men prefer the party girl, tall, bleach blonde hair, double D, Barbie type. I say simple girl next door. Oh and she must like someone who is downright goofy, immature will never grow up and has very dry sarcasm that doesn't seem to have an off switch when wine is around. smiley-laughing004.gif
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Latinos. With tattoos. That still have an accent.

And this haircut...
    21cut190.1.jpg

No clue why. It just MELTS me. Is that shallow? :laugh:

But really if you have lots of tattoos and can make me laugh uncontrollably, that's perfect. :heart:

ETA: Also, nice guys that have a rough edge. I'm a mess. This is why I'm still single lol
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I just got my *kitten* ripped the other day because they said "Haven't you figured out your "type" isn't working?" :sad:

However to answer the question....I would like a guy that's similar to my size, a bit taller, wears Wranglers,and plaid, even if it's just for me, and wears scruff on his face. Can't be offended by my off-put humor, and enjoys snuggling. Oh yes and has to know something about vehicles. I just can't imagine having a guy that doesn't know a thing about vehicles, maybe I'm a butt for that but oh well.
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    wears scruff on his face. Can't be offended by my off-put humor, and enjoys snuggling. Oh yes and has to know something about vehicles. I just can't imagine having a guy that doesn't know a thing about vehicles, maybe I'm a butt for that but oh well.

YES! ALL OF THE ABOVE! :drinker:
    Love a scruffy face. I just read an article how women are apparently more attracted to that overall because clean shaven isn't as manly/rugged?? To each his own but...interesting.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I generally like broad shouldered (whether short or tall) but that's the only defining physical feature (and that's really more because I'm very broad shouldered and I like to feel I'm hugging a man, not my son). Other than that, I've dated, and been attracted to, a variety of physical colors/sizes/features/hair etc

No scruff for me though because I have a very sensitive face (as some of you saw last year). I love the look, but only from a distance.

As to personality type, though, I always find myself drawn to the very powerful guy who knows what he wants, is in charge of stuff, good with money, is gregarious, social butterfly type. TONS of chemistry...makes me swoon...right off the bat. So I have to chuckle that my man is the type B personality who, while he is at the top of his career professionally, in home-life doesn't care about much (but still assertive enough to let me know when he does). The chemistry I have with BB is different - he intrigued me and we got along (friendship wise) very well. The intense chemistry that I feel with "my usual type" didn't develop until later and is partially a result of how good he is to me and how compatible our personalities are.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Currently has a heartbeat. I'll also go with recently had a heartbeat if no one is watching.
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    Currently has a heartbeat. I'll also go with recently had a heartbeat if no one is watching.

:laugh:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

um...why are you single then ? lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

damn, you took my answer! XD
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    If I was to go by what I have been dating the last 6 months I would say Losers, lol. I don't know how I find them. Looks wise though ... no set feature. Pretty eyes I guess ... I'm an eye girl.
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looks wise though ... no set feature. Pretty eyes I guess ... I'm an eye girl.

There is definitely something about eyes that kinda hold you..BTW....great eyes..LOL! Green-ish?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

damn, you took my answer! XD

Because I have yet to run into Liv Tyler's identical twin sister perusing the horror section of a used book store while on lunch break from her job fighting animal cruelty and designing artificial limbs with lasers attached.

Any day now.

Oh, I guess that narrows down my original comment slightly.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    All of the big crushes in my life don't look alike but their personalities were remarkably similar. The "funny" guy who always gets a ton of laughs from everybody, life of the party, big drinkers who don't take life seriously. I'm trying to grow up a little now haha
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I like tall-ish, thin, lean guys who can make me laugh, are super intelligent, who have a smile smile that can brighten my day, and have gorgeous eyes (I prefer green or blue).

My ex, however, was short, chubby, a bit serious (though he was able to make me laugh by being silly), and had brown eyes :tongue: One of the most intelligent people I've ever met, though... I was extremely attracted to his brains (om nom nom)
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't always end up with my ideal "type" because I find different type of men attractive. But my perfect type would be an alpha white boy with a sarcastic type of sense of humor!! I only date white guys but the alpha part is a little harder to find.