Planing for sleeve surgery & cld. use some "friends"

Options
2»

Replies

• thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me I am 13 months out and have lost 125 and still going :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My surgery was a bit of a trial since I am allergic to codeine so they tried dilaudid for pain. I told them just give me Tylenol. I previously had a plate and screws in my ankle only with Tylenol for pain after the epidural wore off and did fine. Dilaudid gave me severe uncontrollable nausea which interrupted my return to fluids. After 2days in hospital they finally gave up and gave me Tylenol. I can hack pain but nausea brings me to my knees. I normally scar badly but my incisions are really disappearing. Had to buy loose yoga style pants. Still don't wear jeans yet- too much pressure on my abdomen will make me nauseous. My advice is use MFP now to log all you eat and weigh and measure everything to make sure you hit your goals. My nutritionist had me on 650 calls a day with 50 gram of protein for 1st month and I was pleased with my 30 #wt loss. I felt weak but when I checked my blood sugar it was always perfectly normal. I have submitted to the weakness as just a phase that I will pass thru and day by day I adjust. Christmas was a real success. I didn't weigh for 2 days but I logged and stayed on track and came home to find I had lost a pound. I studiously avoid my past problem foods. I am resetting my dietary life without refined flours. I am enjoying developing a wide variety of meat recipes for my daily life. Good luck!
  • kdruger
    Options
    I was sleeved on 11/18/13. Things went very well and I am really glad I made this decision. This is an incredible journey and I wish you all the best on your journey, Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bbygrl1957
    bbygrl1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me...i am almost 8 months out and have lost 100 lbs. Best thing i could have ever done for myself and my only regret is that i didn't do it sooner!!! :)
  • mrsmoonsain
    Options
    I am planning to do sleeve around the same time! :)
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Add me! I like friends! :)
    I'm just starting out, my first appt is Jan 15. I think it's for a bariatric orientation. So i'm thinking it's more of an info session before I start the actual process. Although, I was given a journal/diary (via email) on Dec 17, that I was to start and bring with me on Jan 15.
    I waited 18 months to get that call on Dec 17 telling me when my appt was.

I don't expect to have surgery for about 1 year, although I would LOVE to have it this summer. I'm a teacher and I cannot take time off, so doing it in the summer during my break is pretty much my only option.

I am in Canada, so everything seems to take longer here LOL

I'm envious of how fast some of you got things done!
    Seems like i've been waiting forever!
  • melanieyeatts
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I am a fellow military wife and so very used to doing things on my own. I just had my sleeve surgery Thursday, Jan 9th! Day 1 was hard, I won't lie but day 2 was much better and gets better every day. I haven't even had tylenol since I left the hospital and I stepped on scale this morning and I hit the 20 lbs loss mark. This of course included my 14 day pre-op diet which I started Dec 26th but 8 of those pounds have been post surgery! I know the weight loss will slow down but in this phase of liquid diet, it keeps me sticking to the plan!

I am still very early into the process but so far I love my sleeve and the future looks bright!
  • kerrieward77
    kerrieward77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me. I started my 6 month pre-surgery plan in December and plan to be sleeved in June or July.
  • Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me also. I'm still kinda new here. Looking to get sleeved around the end of febuary, hoping *kitten* soon as the end of the month. I'm now waiting for insurance approval and on pins and needles.
  • FatBrownChick
    Options
    *waiving* Howdy everyone! I just started the pre-op 6-month medically supervised diet. Good times.

Looking to make friends who are in a similar position or who have advice about how to make the best use of this time period. Trying not to make every meal I have be a food funeral. *eye twitch*

LET'S BE FRIENDS!!!!! :drinker: <-- those are mugs of water, sipped ever so slowly. Heh heh.
  • stephie549
    Options
    I just received my call!!! I'm down to have my VSG done on 25th of February!! I'm feeling so many thins right now!!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me......

I am new to this...just had my sleeve done on 1/8/14.

Still learning what to do.
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved November 2012. Feel free to add me. I love having friends on MFP who will support and interact.
  • Niki4583
    Niki4583 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just sleeved on Wednesday and came home yesterday! So far everything is going good and I am feeling pretty good. The hardest part is trying to get my water in. I definitely do not want to become dehydrated. As far as pain, it's not bad, more uncomfortable than anything, I am trying to only take the pain med before bed and it's been working great. I get up and walk as much as possible, on the way home from the hospital yesterday we stopped at Costco to go to the pharmacy and I did a lap around the store while we were waiting and was tired but it helps move all pf the air and fluids out! The more I move the better I feel, I learned that when I had my c section. So far my diet is broth, jello, and sugar free pop cicles and water, and I definitely not hungry, I think getting used to the feeling of not being hungry will take some time.
  • ambrosia79
    ambrosia79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Where are you at in PA? I'm western PA, 1.5 hours NE of Pittsburgh.

ETA: This message was in response to Spooky223.
  • ambrosia79
    ambrosia79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for surgery January 29th. Also looking to add "sleeved" friends!
  • Flacuchenta2B
    Flacuchenta2B Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here! I am midway through the Options classes via Kaiser right now and most likely will have my surgery in April. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • mla122
    mla122 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello All...I am 5 days away from having my sleeve and am very excited and more than ready. I have been planning and preparing for 6 months and feel like I am on the most important journey of my life. Would love to hear imput and suggestions from anyone out there who's been there.
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Any one may add me, as well! Love friends and the more, the merrier!!! Was sleeved on Dec 30!!!
  • Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'm scheduled to be sleeved 2/18. fell free to add me