New Girl!!

Options
Hi there! My name is Liz. I was sleeve'd on December 16th. Down 30 lbs so far and feeling good. Struggling with the mental part for sure. I miss chewing food. Ready for the liquid phase to be done. Excited to get to know some other people battling the same battle and see where this crazy journey leads and always offering support and advice for others :)

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was sleeved October 14. Liquids, meh. Yeah. It gets better though! At 2.5 months out I can eat pretty much what I want in very small amounts. More than 50lbs gone and off most meds. Went shopping last night and purchased MEDIUM tops and a 10 pencil skirt! I knew I was going to lose, but hadn't expected to feel this good this fast!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was sleeved 2.5 years ago and at the beginning weighed 386. I needed to lose 226 pounds, so here I am 2.5 years later and still working on it. This is normal progress by the way for someone who has that much to lose.

I remember wanting so bad to chew! That's normal, but don't push yourself too fast. You will get there soon enough. Good luck on your new life's journey. The sleeve is an awesome tool! Best thing I ever did for myself.
  • cashsnana
    Options
    Hi Liz... I too was sleeved on Dec 16th....LOL I'm down 24 pounds and doing pretty good. I too miss chewing. 30 lb loss is Awesome...
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Liz. . .welcome. I was just sleeved on 12/10 and am looking for support also. I just started the purée phase and it's feels good to chew again. You will get there. I sent you a request. Feel free to add me if you would like.

Good luck
    Suzanne
  • saneChick
    Options
    Hi, I just had sleeve surgery on December 4th. I'm in the mushy foods stage for another day then I will be in the soft stage. Very excited about that! The last couple of days on liquids was pretty tough. Hang in there!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Before you know it you will be through the liquid and puree phases and be chewing (and chewing and chewing and chewing). Once you return to solid foods you will need to chew completely and thoroughly, every bite. 4 months out I eat anything I want. Food does not control me - I control it.